GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally decided to give serious consideration to upgrading the wheels on my Gen 1; I think I'll go with 19's. So, I clicked over to my favorite wheel seller website, Tire Rack, to check availability. I particularly like Tire Rack as it is (I think) the only wheel website that allows searching and sorting by wheel weight, which is a very important factor to me.

So, here is the TR availability:
17" wheels - 82 choices
18" wheels - 78
19" wheels - 0
20" wheels - 10

What's up with this? Where are the 19's?

I realize there are more wheel choices if I'm willing to use Hudee rings, spacers, wobble nuts, and the like. However, I'm old fashioned. I'd like a wheel that actually fits and simply bolts right up.

Any suggestions for other websites I should look at?

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
I love my 18s and think going 19 or 20 is just too extreme. You'd be riding on rubber bands at that point and the harshness would be unbearable.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Hmmm, CarID has one style in 19 with 2 flavors. I didn't find Nurburgring that fit a Volt, but brother cmr found them somewhere.

·
Registered
907 Posts
What size tire do you want?

265/35R19 would be the matching diameter (gen1)
Can that width fit?
A 265/40R18 would also be the same diameter

·
Registered
238 Posts
index1.jpg index4.jpg

Just purchased myself a Volt with these STR Racing aftermarket wheels and 245/40ZR19 tires. Seller really liked this setup. I still haven't received car, will report when I get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts