GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a schedule for when states' dealerships will begin pre-orders for the 2017 Volt? I live in Indiana, and the local dealership claims they don't have the information yet. I also noticed the order book has Adaptive Cruise Control marked as "not available for order"; when will that feature be available?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Stingray in Plant City has been silent, thus far. The comments from people here at GM-Volt who have placed orders appear to all be via handshake as no one has said prices were part of the bargain. I have not pushed Stingray since contacting them on 12/1, since I would indeed want a credible price before placing an order. So I guess I am still in the dark about my planned 2017.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My dealer in NC had no problem placing my order for a 2017 Volt. I have the print out form GM Workbench giving me an order number. Of course we have no prices, but I expect the prices will stay the same or go down. My dealer agreed to sell to me at invoice minus any incentives. My guess is any dealer nationwide can place an order if they choose. And BTW..its not a preorder, it's an order. Pre-order is a term invented by publishers to tell how many books to print. Your car, if you order one, will go in the system as a "sold" order with your name and address on the print out, with the order number, your options and your color choices.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered a 2017 from a local Chevy dealer in Chandler, AZ on December 3rd. The order was placed as "sold" and I have an order number which has been accepted by GM.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ordering began Dec. 1st. However, dealers (at least my local Chevy dealers) have not yet received their initial allocation for 2017 Volts. So while they can enter your order in the Chevy computer order system and will be assigned an order number, the order will not go forward until the dealer has an allocation to apply to the order. My dealer expects their initial allocation in January, and he says my order should get their first allocation. If your dealer says they cannot order the 2017 Volt yet, ask them to go into the Chevy on-line ordering system and check, it should be there. But as I said, until they get the initial allocation the order will be sitting in a queue (but better to be at the head of the line in that queue if you want your new Volt ASAP after production begins).

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, it sounds like you can order now, but you are at their mercy as far as the price goes, as it hasn't been determined yet?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
What about pricing on the new options, such as adaptive cruise control? (definitely want that!)
It is a $1200 option on an Impala. Probably about the same on the Volt, but no one knows for sure yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It is a $1200 option on an Impala. Probably about the same on the Volt, but no one knows for sure yet.
Holy sh*t really? $1,200 + you need both safety packages to buy it. That's insane.
I was about to go put in my order for one, if this is accurate, I need to reconsider and get a 2017 earlier without it vs. waiting until late 2016.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I assume those that are ordering are not ordering adaptive cruise control? I asked a local dealer when I could order that and they said February though I didn't get clarification if they were also implying that was when I could order any 2017 or if that was the specific date if when ACC would be available to order. So I have no idea how valid that date is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So I assume those that are ordering are not ordering adaptive cruise control? I asked a local dealer when I could order that and they said February though I didn't get clarification if they were also implying that was when I could order any 2017 or if that was the specific date if when ACC would be available to order. So I have no idea how valid that date is.
Yes I ordered already and ACC wasn't available. The dealer said there was a note saying late availability if you wanted ACC.

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, the 3 dealers in my area claim they have not heard of the 2016 or 2017 Volt, that there is just a 2015.

This just feeds my belief that they need to abolish the auto industry's multi-tier sales structure and buy out all independent dealerships and turn them into manufacturer-owned sales and service centers. Then maybe we could get some decent service. If they drag their feet long enough (probably hoping I will buy their dealer stock, something that shouldn't exist in a 21st century lean-manufacturing marketplace), the Tesla 3 will become available and I'll buy that instead.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Well, the 3 dealers in my area claim they have not heard of the 2016 or 2017 Volt, that there is just a 2015.

This just feeds my belief that they need to abolish the auto industry's multi-tier sales structure and buy out all independent dealerships and turn them into manufacturer-owned sales and service centers. Then maybe we could get some decent service. If they drag their feet long enough (probably hoping I will buy their dealer stock, something that shouldn't exist in a 21st century lean-manufacturing marketplace), the Tesla 3 will become available and I'll buy that instead.
The 2016 Volt is on Chevrolet's web site. I wonder if any of those dealers have heard of the Internet? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts

Funny you should mention that as just yesterday the GM CEO touted:

"GM's extensive franchised dealer network as a key advantage"
http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/6/10726124/tesla-response-chevy-bolt-ces-2016-mary-barra

·
Registered
675 Posts
Mary Barra unveiled the Bolt and said its combination of technology and affordability would help push electric vehicles into the mainstream... She specifically noted that Bolt drivers wouldn’t need to drive to the next state to buy or service their vehicle.
Tell that to interested buyers outside of the 11 states, who won't even be able to see the new gen2 Volt till this Spring. And maybe not till late Spring. The exact same thing will happen a year from now for folks outside of the CARB states who would be considering the new Bolt.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Tell that to interested buyers outside of the 11 states, who won't even be able to see the new gen2 Volt till this Spring. And maybe not till late Spring. The exact same thing will happen a year from now for folks outside of the CARB states who would be considering the new Bolt.
I noticed the statement on the bottom of Chevy's Bolt page about "Can't wait for the 2017 Bolt? Click here for information on the 2016 Chevy Volt" and I thought maybe they need a footnote on that saying "*Unless you are shut out from that for the time being as well"

·
Registered
23 Posts
I placed my order in mid December. I just checked its status... its at code 3000- Order accepted by production control. I live in Kansas, a VERY NON-CARB State!

1100, Preliminary order accepted
2000, Order accepted by GM
2030, Order re-edited (if necessary)
2051, Order changed thru Web
2500, Order preferenced
3000, Order accepted by production control
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order scheduled for production
3400, Order broadcast
3800, Order produced
4000, Available to ship
4104, Bailment Invoice