GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did most people lease like the Volts?

Will there be a large influx in mid 2018 or 19?

·
Registered
907 Posts
I've been watching for 16 ELRs too.

And we have (almost) matching Volt sigs :)

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
The biggest factor is very few were leased or sold in the first place so there can't be a huge number coming off lease. Plus some may choose to keep them.

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
When searching for new ELRs on cars.com last year, I could barely find any. They really scaled back production so they wouldn't lose their shirts heavily discounting unsold models. Now, I really want one.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Autotrader is showing (4) four. Two in Houston of all places.

My '14 will be available in three years or so. ;)

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
Autotrader is showing (4) four. Two in Houston of all places.

My '14 will be available in three years or so. ;)
Even if you get a newer car, you really should keep your show car. You're gonna regret trading it in or selling it. Whatever you get next can't possibly be as hot and sexy. Don't do it!!!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
Those are some low production numbers :)
Especially when you consider many of 2015 sales were for leaftover 2014s sitting on showroom floors. You can buy a 2014 ELR with the original cadillac emblem with the crown and leaves, and the 2016 only has the crown. There was no 2015 model. And sadly there will not be a 2017 model. I'm hoping to have an excuse to get a new car so I can try to pick one up somewhere, unless someone changes my mind.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Don't know the production numbers, but the 2016s were very few. I believe the 2014 sales were greater in 2016 and will be for 2017 also.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Especially when you consider many of 2015 sales were for leaftover 2014s sitting on showroom floors.
I believe the 2016 was released in calendar 2016 so all the calendar 2015 sales would have been 2014 MY. The big months for sales of the 2014 MY were at the beginning of 2015 but sales continued until much later in the year. For example, the auto reviewer for the NY Times picked his up in December of 2015. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/automobiles/when-the-car-reviewer-buys-a-car.html?_r=0

Doesn't matter much which year it was. The 2016 MY had a beefed up front suspension and tweaked the drive train to allow the engine and motors to work together to get the 0-60 MPH time down -- not of practical significance -- and that was about it. I never knew GM had built some 2015 MY cars. Since they weren't sold, they must be very rare.

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
I believe the 2016 was released in calendar 2016 so all the calendar 2015 sales would have been 2014 MY. The big months for sales of the 2014 MY were at the beginning of 2015 but sales continued until much later in the year. For example, the auto reviewer for the NY Times picked his up in December of 2015. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/automobiles/when-the-car-reviewer-buys-a-car.html?_r=0

Doesn't matter much which year it was. The 2016 MY had a beefed up front suspension and tweaked the drive train to allow the engine and motors to work together to get the 0-60 MPH time down -- not of practical significance -- and that was about it. I never knew GM had built some 2015 MY cars. Since they weren't sold, they must be very rare.
No ELRs were made in the 2015 model year, though it's very likely that some 2016s were actually manuactured in 2015. There were also several leftover 2014 model year ELRs sold in 2016, so the actual number of 2016 ELRs made might be even smaller.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
585 Posts
If you're serious about picking up an ELR, and don't care if it's a 14, look in Canada. There are more FS up here than in the US. Yes, the prices are higher... BUT... your dollar is plus 30%! If you really want, I'll go pick up your deal at one of the Quebec dealers and drop it off at Corporate Center in Ogdensburg NY for shipping for you. I'm not kidding.

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
If you're serious about picking up an ELR, and don't care if it's a 14, look in Canada. There are more FS up here than in the US. Yes, the prices are higher... BUT... your dollar is plus 30%! If you really want, I'll go pick up your deal at one of the Quebec dealers and drop it off at Corporate Center in Ogdensburg NY for shipping for you. I'm not kidding.
Other than the exchange rate, would there be import taxes? Also I'm guessing I won't be able to claim the fed tax credit if it was new. A heavily discounted used ELR might be in the cards anyway. My only problem is that I refuse to trade in my volt since it runs perfectly fine. I need to get tboned or have a tornado blow the car to smithereens before I will buy the next one. Otherwise, I'm driving it into the ground.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts