GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I dropped my Volt off at the dealer to address the all too common "Service High Voltage System" message. The dealer reprogrammed 2 modules and charged me $240 (going to try calling Chevy Customer Support and see if they can get me a refund).
My wife picked up the car for me on Wednesday, and now my backup camera doesn't appear to be working. When in reverse I just get a black screen, although the guidelines still show up. This happened once a couple months ago, but fixed itself in 24 hours. It's been 2 days now and it still isn't working.
Also, my passenger seat occupancy sensor seems to be acting up. Even with nothing on the seat, I get the seat belt alarm.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Maybe the dealer disconnected the 12V AGM battery but did not ensure that the negative battery terminal connection was fully tightened after completing the repairs, else your 12V battery may be due for replacement.

·
Administrator
20,591 Posts
Loose connector on the camera?

·
1,027 Posts
The HPCM2, the part you reprogram to clear the SHVCS error is under the passenger seat. Part of the diag is to measure the resistance of the pins and cable now. There's a chance they messed up the passenger presence sensor in the seat. It's sadly easy to do especially since GM went with some overly complicated and sensitive inductance loop on top of the seat.

There's a later revision that moves in under the seat cushion and replaces the cushion. If they messed that up, you'll get that version. No more cell phone making the seat schizo.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The seat sensor has been an issue since before it went in for reprogramming. I'm assuming it's a bad sensor. Can anyone point me to a part number for replacement?
It also could be the connector, so I'll check that first.
Unfortunately I won't have time to look at anything until at least next week though.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The seat sensor has been an issue since before it went in for reprogramming. I'm assuming it's a bad sensor. Can anyone point me to a part number for replacement?
It also could be the connector, so I'll check that first.
Unfortunately I won't have time to look at anything until at least next week though.
If you are talking about the passenger seat airbag sensor it isn't self serviceable. It has to be recalibrated by the dealer.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another thing I noticed today is the backup light is on whenever the car is on...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts