GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Just got a 2012 volt 2 days ago. Made it all the way to work and back with all electric except for the last 4 blocks of my 38 mile round trip! Awesome!

I have a question about the rear console. I'd like to remove it so that my dog can be more comfortable in the back, but I'm a little bit worried about the sensor or something that is under the back of the rear console. Any one know what it is?

Attached is a picture.
IMG_2235.jpg

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Hello! Just got a 2012 volt 2 days ago. Made it all the way to work and back with all electric except for the last 4 blocks of my 38 mile round trip! Awesome!

I have a question about the rear console. I'd like to remove it so that my dog can be more comfortable in the back, but I'm a little bit worried about the sensor or something that is under the back of the rear console. Any one know what it is?

Attached is a picture.
View attachment 79602
congratulations and welcome.
the "console" unclips easily from the plastic tray between the seats. your picture is with the tray removed. since the tray is lower than the seats, I don't see that it would be a problem to have the tray in, just throw a blanket across the 2 seats and the tray. If you want to have the seats folded flat, as some dog owners do, Take off the head rests and pull up and out the seat bottoms and then fold the seats down, they will lie flat and level with the hatch area. as for the wiring, it goes to the center of the main battery, and could contain power, control and sense lines, I would not want to have it exposed.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Inside antenna #3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts