GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my 5-day old 2017 in because the USB ports stopped working. I also asked them to look at the engine because it is louder and rougher than my wife's 2016 (under load, not idle) and to check for updates for the car and infotainment system.

1) They burned through my gas letting it run at idle until it was out of gas
2) left parts for a repair in my car (not my car either apparently)
3) left a gouge in the interior A-pillar when they removed the dashboard

·
Registered
520 Posts
So I took my 5-day old 2017 in because the USB ports stopped working. I also asked them to look at the engine because it is louder and rougher than my wife's 2016 (under load, not idle) and to check for updates for the car and infotainment system.

Have you tried speaking to the service manager of the dealership about it?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
First a note,
Once per year I take my camera and shoot about 40 photos of my car. Exterior, interior, all the details I can think of.
Yes, I do this for insurance purposes and in case of something like the OP describes.

Okay, too late for that now, but cheap insurance for the future.

So as it stands right now, you should photo and document everything you just discussed. Just the facts. Also get names and titles of anyone who worked on your vehicle or had anything to do with it.

Once all those ducks are in a row then contact the dealership and calmly tell them what was wrong, AND what they can do to make it right.

If they refuse to cooperate with reasonable requests then contact GM corporate and the BBB.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They removed the dashboard?!!!
I told them it was probably the fuse, but they wanted to remove the dash to check the ports...

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Contact your Volt Advisor...:(
Did any of the mechanics look like these guys?...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I can understand the scratch, because interior work is difficult to do on modern molded parts...of course they shouldn't have even had to dig into it. Both the techs and the owner could have researched the issue on the internet and tried the fuse thing. There are only 5 Chevrolet dealerships in San Diego Co now... curious to know which one.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm sure the OP wanted the USB fixed, so removing the dash is justified.
OP could remove and reinsert a fuse himself.

Sorry to hear about the interior dammage, but it happens, even on premium brands (except premium techs are trained to be more careful and are more proactive on replacing colateral dammage).

I have resorted to removing interior panels myself, before going to dealers.
I broke stuff (clips, tabs, etc) but then I knew to replace it. A dealer could have just covered it up.

You need to always fully inspect the car on Pick-Up.
Its hard to get them to accept responsibility, after you leave the lot.

Also, do a damage inspection on drop-off and have them sign it.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

Simple. Visit the dealership and speak with your service advisor. Start there.
If you are unsatisfied with their response, move on to the Service Manager. Follow the chain of command so to speak.

Same for ANY customer service related issue.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are only 5 Chevrolet dealerships in San Diego Co now... curious to know which one.
Well I'll give you a hint, it's not technically in San Diego city and it's next to a Green line trolley station...

BTW, a Volt Advisor did call them today to try to resolve this...to which whomever she was speaking to hung up on her...real class act...

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
BTW, a Volt Advisor did call them today to try to resolve this...to which whomever she was speaking to hung up on her...real class act...

Once you get the issues resolved you may consider finding another GM service dept for future service on your Volt.:eek:

After your visit, did they at least get your USB ports to work!?:confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts