GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you need some ideas when test driving a Volt with a salesman. Enjoy.

·
8,680 Posts
So apparently he figures it's a crime if a random person does it, but it's ok if it's a celebrity doing it on camera - and he even wants to do it again under those conditions. What is our society coming to? :(

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder how much detail the salesman knew about the car (thinkin of how little many know about the Volt).

·
Registered
328 Posts
I did something kinda similar back in 2004 when test driving a used 2001 Corvette coupe my son was buying. I didn't do the drifting and spins but had an "older" salesman with me for the test drive and I asked as we left the dealership if I could run down the interstate a bit, he was agreeable. Going South I stayed at speed limit and played with the options to be sure they worked. Hit the second exit and looped over the top of the road and got back on. It was a toll road and I had to wait for the people in front to pay, I had my electronic pass with me and held it up went through the gate and stopped...checked traffic and nailed the gas...the salesman grabbed the arm rest with one hand and his seat belt with the other. I backed off the gas at about 95mph for our exit..he never said a thing until we were off the interstate and then asked if I was paying cash or needed financing.

It was probably the most exercise his heart had had in some time..

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
So apparently he figures it's a crime if a random person does it, but it's ok if it's a celebrity doing it on camera - and he even wants to do it again under those conditions. What is our society coming to? :(
It's all very calculated and thought out. Watch again; all the stunts are on parking lot or an industrial complex not public roadways.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's all very calculated and thought out. Watch again; all the stunts are on parking lot or an industrial complex not public roadways.
I think it was setup all the way. Case in point, the "cup" holder Gordon places the can into as soon as he gets in the car..it's over the air vents at the top of the dash board...not standard equipment and very conveniently placed.

·
Registered
277 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts