GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hay guys

For many years now i have been driving gasoline vehicles from when cars dint even have assisted steering and they where built like tanks though ;) I have been doing a lot of reading into the environment and and what we are doing to the ozone layer quite frankly it's terrible how do we expect to survive the way we are going on, all the chemicals flying into the air on them busy city days don't help!

Anyway i have been looking into electric vehicles just to do my bit as i have been searching they are all pretty similar miles of battery life, design, hybrids etc then i come across a Chevrolet Volt for sale at around $25,000 which is a fair price considering what you will gain in the long run, the spec are

Location-based charging
Based on GPS data, a programmable “home” setting for charging allows you to take advantage of off-peak electricity rates when you’re at home but always begins charging immediately when you’re away

Charging options
Volt recharges with a 120-volt portable cord in approximately 13 hours + or with a professionally installed 240-volt charging system in approximately 4.5 hours.

53/45 MPGe
0-60 in 7.5 sec
194 hp
Top speed 102 mph

myChevrolet Mobile App
Turn your compatible mobile device into a command center for your vehicle. Start/stop† your vehicle and lock/unlock your doors with the tap of a finger. You can even send destinations to your available navigation system, view diagnostic information and set parking reminders from virtually anywhere. It’s a simpler and smarter way to stay connected to your compatible Chevrolet vehicle.

So what i need to know is your experiences with this beautiful peace of machinery before i go out and treat myslelf?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

·
Administrator
19,969 Posts
You can do what most of us did and buy one! :)

5+ years on mine, 75k miles and it's still going strong, no regrets. Love the car.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
You can do what most of us did and buy one! :)

5+ years on mine, 75k miles and it's still going strong, no regrets. Love the car.
x2

I bought my loaded 2012 with 54K on the clock last November for $13,600. These cars are solid and used Gen 1 cars are a great buy right now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Loving it.

Bought my CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) 2013, base model, last August with 21,5k on it for $16,500. Very minor issues. I have gotten as low as 28 miles on electric (Chicago winter) and as high as 57.5 miles this summer even though it is rate at 38. I have already put 21k miles on it. My overall mpg is 88 miles and going up. Take that Toyota. Very quite car compared to my previous cars Buick LaCrosse, Chevy Tahoe.

Build quality is very high. Nice fit and finish.

For a commuter car, which is why I bought it, it has been great. When used as a family car, grown daughter does not like the back seat. Limited leg room.

If I needed a car and the price was right I would buy another one right now. I will be getting another used Volt in the future.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
OP's post is confusing. Title says Gen 1. Price seems high for a Gen 1 unless it's maybe brand new. Specs and features look to be Gen 2, but some appear to be wrong to me.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Based on the spec information it's a 2nd Generation Volt.
If it's a Gen 1 (2011-2015) , at that price it's way too much.

But a 2016, that's different.

Watch out OP, the pricing can be advertised after incentives, including the $7.5k Federal Tax credit.
No information as to the trim level of the car either.

Base MSRP on a 2016/2017 is $34k.
But there are 20% off deals on remaining 2016s.
And there are other incentives around.

NMI

·
Registered
347 Posts
Chevo, where the heck are you located? Is the Darwin in your signature the Darwin in Australia? The only other Darwin I know of is a ghost town in Death Valley. If either location getting spare parts and service might have to be factored into your consideration. On the positive side the Volt has proven to be very reliable and the operating costs very low, particularly if you generate your own electricity from solar. If it was me, I'd buy it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the reply's guys so many good things to say about this car not 1 bad comment is there really not a downside to the car apart from the possible price and gen confusion?
I am going to have to go test drive 1 or 2 and see how they are get the real feel!!
So grateful for the reply's!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
over 100k miles and my 2012 is solid. only complaints others have stated is maybe 4 passenger seating. lower range in extreme cold.
first chevy I've had since my 1963 Nova I bought in 1974 for $25US.
actually ozone depletion was caused by CFC's in the upper atmosphere over the poles. and I believe since the manufacutre was banned it has begun to correct itself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts