GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a list out there showing which phones fit into the QI charging compartment inside the arm rest? I saw a few reviews that said the standard iPhone size will fit but the plus will not. Can anyone confirm if the Samsung S5 fits? I did look on https://my.chevrolet.com/vehicle/2017/Volt but the PDF manual doesn't show any listing or what the dimensions are for the compartment.

Ok, I did find this list: https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/static/pageImages/learnAbout/articles/documents/GM_Wireless_Charging_Compatible_Device.pdf

So it appears if your phone is on this list you should be fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the Samsung S5 fits?
It will definitely fit. During my test drive I was able to squeeze in my Note 5 with a thin case on it. It's worth noting that even with the very thin case, the Qi won't charge the phone. I had to take the case off. At home I can charge the phone on my Qi charger with the case left on.

It's also worth noting that the Android Auto only works through the USB connection. So the Qi charger won't be usable if you are planning to use Android auto.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to know but a bummer about AA. Hopefully, AA via bluetooth can become a reality with future updates.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I use IPhones, they have to be 5c or newer to use CarPlay, which presently don't support wireless charging so I can't use that feature on my Volt yet, bummer

·
Registered
518 Posts
I use IPhones, they have to be 5c or newer to use CarPlay, which presently don't support wireless charging so I can't use that feature on my Volt yet, bummer
The Chevrolet implementation of CarPlay in the Volt requires a USB connection (doesn't yet support CarPlay via BT), which also provides power. Even if you have a suitably-sized iPhone with a compatible Qi charger case, you'd have to choose between the Wireless Charging feature and CarPlay in your Volt.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Even with rubber removed very large phones don't fit, and they are too tall so you can't close the armrest.

But anyway with AA you need to plug in, they really should've made a plug in the armrest.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts