GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm quite fond of my 2014 Volt - problem is I've managed to rack up 56,000 miles on it lol (36,000 miles lease) Reading some of the posts here I figure I should offer US Bank around $10k to purchase it? Or should it be lower? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much is your penalty for going over 36k miles? I have a feeling you will get pounded. Did your situation/commute change to cause this or should you have never leased in the first place? I won't lease because I drive 50 miles per day, so easily over 12K per year. Plus I refuse to borrow money - I pay cash for my cars

I think you'll be lucky to get it for $13k, but maybe you'll be able to twist their arm to give you a better deal.
25 cents per mile - so around $5k. Situation changed 2 months after leasing the car, my daily commute was less than 20 miles (and this for well over 5 years) Family issues caused us to move and commute jumped up. I'm the type to pay cash as well, but I wanted to lease as this was my first electric car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for your inputs. I had some issues with the site so I registered with a new user id (you might see the same question posted under a different name)

So they got back to me and offered a $16k buyout. I counter offered for 13, lol - let's see what they say. KBB shows 2014 Volts @ 55,000 miles valued at 11-12k.

tripowergto 2010 - Yikes, yes they do! I thought that would make them want to offer a lower price.

JoeMap - yes, I love the car and I've taken really good care of it! True about that $5k - which is why I'm factoring it in the price offer they've given me.

GMEV2 - No, inspection not carried out yet. No damage to the car at all - no dings, scratches, nothing. (surprisingly)

llninja - thanks.. will keep everyone posted!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Think about it. They know you're way over mileage and can charge you a DEFINITE $5000 extra mileage charge. Why would they lower their buy out to you, when you devalued the car further then expected?
True, I assumed they would automatically have the mileage updated because of Onstar and the maintenance carried out. Ugh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.