GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one above the inflator, I see the hole in it, and, I see it is sort of a cover I suppose, but, it looks useful. Can I repurpose it and not use as a cover and use it for storage of emergency stuff?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Neither of our Volts have canvas bag in the trunk area. Perhaps a previous owner left it there.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
The one above the inflator, I see the hole in it, and, I see it is sort of a cover I suppose, but, it looks useful. Can I repurpose it and not use as a cover and use it for storage of emergency stuff?
The inflator and hose are supposed to go inside it. The bag is held down by a long stud that goes through the holes, and a big plastic nut on top. There should also be a tow hook under, and held down by, the bag.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The inflator and hose are supposed to go inside it. The bag is held down by a long stud that goes through the holes, and a big plastic nut on top. There should also be a tow hook under, and held down by, the bag.
That's strange, the air hose has a place for it to be without the bag, you don't mean when in use right? You mean the inflator should be inside the bag when stored? Just looking at it, I don't see a real purpose.

·
Administrator
19,984 Posts
The Gen 2 Tire Inflator Bag, Installed, and Contents: a goo canister, a tire compressor and a cardboard spacer for the bolt to slide thru.

Gen 2 Tire Inflator Bag 1.jpg Gen 2 Tire Inflator Bag 2.jpg Gen 2 Tire Inflator Bag 3.jpg Gen 2 Tire Inflator Bag 4.jpg

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
That's strange, the air hose has a place for it to be without the bag, you don't mean when in use right? You mean the inflator should be inside the bag when stored? Just looking at it, I don't see a real purpose.
Sorry, I misspoke a bit. The goo container has its own hose and goes in the smaller of the two compartments in the bag. The compressor goes in the larger compartment. The compressor also has its own hose that is folded into the opening in its back. Then there is the black spacer, with the two holes through it, that goes between the two compartments. Steverinos photo shows the black spacer inside the cardboard ring. (Mine doesn't have the cardboard ring.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! I am guessing then it's for some protection of the contents, mine did not come that way, so, will try and put them in the bag and put back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts