GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Show me what is the biggest thing you where able to fit in the volt (Hatch closed or not, in the trunk or not)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Show me what is the biggest thing you where able to fit in the volt (Hatch closed or not, in the trunk or not)
Sorry no pix, but with the rear seatbacks down I easily transported a pair of 60-inch long cartons (60x15x7), plus some smaller items, hatch closed. The cargo capacity is quite impressive with the rear seats down.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Many things from Ikea including the kitchen sink (literally). My wife drives a Fiat 500c and the Volt has basically become our SUV. A fully assembled, Ikea cabinet that we returned and two fully assembled laundry sinks without a problem. The hatch was closed for all.

·
Registered
145 Posts
IMG_20140125_103855.jpg

Carried a bunch of 8 foot 2X4's from Home Depot to home, but I rested their weight on a board across my extra tire.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Don't have pics but:

Travel chair, gallon of coolant+ quart of oil, jumper cables, and a few tools (just in case), four suitcases, garment bag, pacemaker monitor, blood pressure machine, extra pillow, camera bag, laptop, a Nook and charger, two cell phones and chargers, turbocord(didn't use it), 3 large jars of olives from BJs, and a box of empty egg cartons. Me, plus Mom and Dad. I might have forgotten a small item or so.

On the way back, delete olive jars and empty egg cartons. Add 5 dozen eggs from Uncle's pet chickens, a bag of peppers from his garden, another pillow and various items Mom bought at Walmart and dried flowers from Hobby Lobby( don't know why we couldn't purchase the flowers when we got back home).

Before purchase I was concerned the Volt would be too small. Guess it has demonstrated it's not all that small. I didn't even break any of the eggs.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hey!
How do we know whether or not joevirus563 works for GM and will void the warranties of those who overload their cars???

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL of course I am... that why I had the employee price on my 2015 volt :p Nop... I'm just tought it would be fun to see how much thing can fit in there.

Also, if you wanna buy something, at least you can see if other people have successfully put it in the trunk. I heard a guy here saying about washing machine and driver in the car... I mean... i'd love to see a pic of those :D

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Does this count? [I've also attached photo of deer separate from car; perspective is deceiving-one needs to appreciate that the Volt is perhaps bigger than it looks.]

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
A 7'8" surfboard in the passenger front seat with the backrest reclined and a mountain bike in the hatch with the left back seat folded flat at the same time. Front wheel of bike off.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I fit a Weber Genesis E-310 barbecue. (In the shipping box.)

When the Home Depot forklift put it down next to my rear hatch... I thought "no way is that box going to fit in the car." But it FIT! And the HATCH CLOSED!

I also fit a Panasonic 55" Plasma TV inside. (Including the shipping box.) And it fit with the HATCH CLOSED!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Wow can you give more info on the type of hitch, and platform used to carry it?

Thanks.
I myself wouldn't mind a nice beefy hitch option that would integrate into a volt premium, trouble is the rearview system is in the way

Not sure if the "ecohitch" would be any good for hooking a pad with a tent, cement blocks and a generator off the back (not for charging the volt)

Not sure what styles are rated well enough to haul a deer or in my case a tent setup.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Sorry no pic (doh!) but I brought home a door+frame (32x80 door) and misc supporting 8ft lumber. It was pretty cool!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't know if this counts, but twice now I've transported 8' x 10' rolled area rugs with the hatch closed. The front end rest on the dash, but it works.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Loaded inside and out

How about "on" instead of "in"?
P1060413.jpg

1 19' Triak hull and 12' mast with roller-furled sail on the roof, Ama and 2 Akas along with centreboard and related equipment inside, luggage and equipment for 1 week's holiday, bicycle on hitch-mounted carrier on back.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Full size washer and dryer, hatch open tied down, 2x4's hatch closed. Small washer hatch closed. You can fit just about anything in side. not wide enough for sheet rock. I wish!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts