GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Girls,

I put two coats of Zaino wax on him after the clay barring. I'll bet that it is so slick now that it gains 2 extra miles per charge!:)

(It does look pretty good)

QR

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
I was introduced to ZAINO over on the Corvette Forum back in 1999 when they first started up and I joined. Have used nothing since.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I need to do the same, weather has been less than cooperative since we purchased the Volt.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess that we are wrong to like and enjoy a clean well maintained car, huh?

QR

·
Registered
23 Posts
Zaino is the best - have used it exclusively for the last 10 years - can't wait till spring to wash the Volt with Dawn dishwasing soap and put a couple coats of Zaino on the cyber gray...post a pic of your shiny Volt!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
It's March...just a matter of days, well weeks to some warm weather.....!!!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Can you all post which Zaino products have you used and how you used them? I've never used them before but I've read a lot of good things about them and I'd like to treat my white Ampera right after a long, cold, snowy, salty and sandy winter. I found plenty or yellow-brown brake rust in my white paint.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I first bought my Volt I went over it with a clay bar, washed with Dawn and put on a coat of Z2 + ZFX. Finished with the Z6 finishing spray. That seemed a little dull so the next wash I added one more coat of Z2, and that gave everything that lovely slick Zaino feel. Now i just wash it each week and follow up with the Z6 and it looks great. I figure I'll add another Z2+ZFX every 3-4 months.

(I'm in Los Angeles so my car isn't exposed to harsh winter conditions. YMMV)

I love pulling in to the charging spots at work and seeing how much shinier my Volt looks compared to its neighbors.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So Guys and Girls,

This is how it turned out. What you cannot measure here, is to feel how smooth the paint is. Sitting outside the garage, baking in the sun and soaked in rain, what the car needs is a good coat of wax. I think that the light color and the wax should team up to last 6 months or so.
http://gm-volt.com/forum/album.php?albumid=265

QR

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
So Guys and Girls,

This is how it turned out. What you cannot measure here, is to feel how smooth the paint is. Sitting outside the garage, baking in the sun and soaked in rain, what the car needs is a good coat of wax. I think that the light color and the wax should team up to last 6 months or so.
http://gm-volt.com/forum/album.php?albumid=265

QR
Album does not have any pictures!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I used Zaino a few years ago. Drank the Zaino KoolAid after a guy that used it joined another forum that I'm a member. Bought a whole kit but I wouldn't use it again. Mixing product or waiting hours for it to dry wasn't my cup of tea.

Lots of great products out there and I've tried a few of them. Using the Klasse twins at the moment. Poorboys has some great products as well.

http://www.eshine.ca/klasse_twins_169oz-1305.php

1 - 14 of 14 Posts