GM Volt Forum banner

241 - 260 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Replaced the battery after 4 years. The MyLink radio was acting screwy, so that's the first step.
I am still on the original battery...5-6 yrs old ....I was contemplating changing it out though.... what gremlins were popping up besides the radio acting up? What battery did you end up going with?

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
I am still on the original battery...5-6 yrs old ....I was contemplating changing it out though.... what gremlins were popping up besides the radio acting up? What battery did you end up going with?
Just the radio that we noticed. For example, it came to the end of a song from the USB, and the radio rebooted. A couple of days ago after shutting the car off the display (which usually displays mileage stats, music continues to play) was completely black with notation on the bottom of the yellow caution symbol, and wording to check surrounding area - no music was playing. It also seemed slow to respond to the song advance thumb wheel on the steering wheel.

I got one from O'Reilly Autoparts - whatever the brand is they have. $189 installed (a decent price). 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
The Volt has been lost its right to the garage since the middle of September.....had to make room for the Model 3

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought a roll of 3M Clear Bra and applied it to the leading edge of my hood and fenders after work yesterday. There's a couple good videos on YT I used for tutorials and it went pretty well..

With the long commuting I do, I'm hoping this will help a little....

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Renewed my plates for another two years :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Swapped my Grey Center Console (yeah...the one with the screen and those touch buttons) for a White one! It was simply plug and play.....and looks awesome....Picked up the replacement on Ebay.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ordered a Voltscreen from Steve.. Now I just need a warm-ish day next week to install it! Also realized my 3 year old windshield wipers are no good in the snow!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Finished painting the right rear caliper (one wheel at a time). Put infrared light on it as it's 6C today, it also speeds up the reaction time for Rust Wash to dissolve the rust on/in rear axle. Derusting/corrosion on inside of wheel to prep it for painting (graphite colour). One left to go.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Changed a flat tire. Barely used oem pump and goop didn't turn on and plug fell apart when I pulled it from the socket. Got a ride home to get the full size spare and jack. Think I'm going to start carrying the spare in spite of the hit in cargo space. 2nd time it has happened on a weekend and tire places and stuff are all closed. Salvage yard jack from a Malibu worked better than expected.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Installed the Winter Tires yesterday afternoon. I was trying to hold off as long as I could, but the weather isn't cooperating this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I checked the oil level on my '12 ICE. Right at the line, right where it was when I drove it off the Hertz lot with 85K on it back in July. Coming on at 89K now. Who are you guys who can go months without putting in a little fuel?!! I'm in the L.A. area so nothing is close to where you want to go! I run out of battery almost every time I go out with my Volt. Charge it up every night on my stock L1 charger (30-33 mile top-up range). Hoping to get a Clipper Creek L2 someday soon...

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I'm on Vancouver Island (290 miles in length) and live in the country. I go into town, run around to do errands, get groceries at Superstore, Save-on, Thrifty's or Walmart, sometimes, Home Depot, Home Hardware or Canadian Tire, pay Shaw cable bill, and go home a different route. I usually use 1/3 to less than half the battery (which is a 1.5 to 2 hour charge at L2). Once a month (11 months) go to a car club meeting 4 towns over where I have to use some gas which takes care of the 6 week engine maintenance. I put in $10 per month which is about 1.75 US gallons. Twice a year I go to the airport which might take another $10 per trip.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Replaced two front tires on the Black Volt, the White Volt is in the garage for a Low Propulsion error. Soon, both will be getting oil changes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ordered two Lift Support Cylinders from Rock Auto for the Hatch on my 2015. At colder temperatures it doesn't want to hold itself up anymore. Also been looking into a Level 2 charger, leaning towards a ChargePoint Flex for future upgrades and I like the stats! https://amzn.to/2RdgLtT

·
Registered
25 Posts
I installed the jumper to keep accessories powered when the volt is shut down. Free upgrade. Can't recommend it enough. I actually did it about 6 months ago. No problems and my cell phone is charged when I get to my car.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I installed the jumper to keep accessories powered when the volt is shut down. Free upgrade. Can't recommend it enough. I actually did it about 6 months ago. No problems and my cell phone is charged when I get to my car.
This is the first I've heard of this. Is the jumper in one of the fuse boxes???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Absolutely nothing.
It’s Sunday afternoon and I’m in wales in the winter.
It’s torrential rain,hail,freezing cold and high winds.
Thunder and lightning also.

·
Registered
44 Posts
changed cabin filter, wipers. both total 10$
put gas on it (premium 95 octane, put 34 liters total 27.9$

241 - 260 of 261 Posts