GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I though it would be neat to have a thread where we could quick post what we are doing to and with our Volts on a day to day basis (and hopefully give each other ideas).....

Today....in between cleaning the garage and winterizing things around the house....I cleaned and polished the rims to protect them from the winter salt/road grime..... added a couple of decals :) and fed it some fresh premium gas (it was hungry and requires filet mignon....first full tank of gas since last March or so)......

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I wiped down the door seals and the seal on the charge door with CRC heavy duty silicon spray.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not exactly what I did to my volt; but, while driving it today, I saw another volt! For the first time since buying mine. They're extremely rare here, I think there's something like 3 here in town. The one I saw was the same color as mine!

·
Registered
679 Posts
I charged my Volt with my new 6kW Solar array. I'm now carbon neutral with my Volt driving!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Drove it through the car wash.

Added ODB-2 bluetooth adapter and MyGreenVolt app.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I used my dealer coupon. Oil change, wash and rotate..... $14.95!

I cant even buy the oil that cheap.

·
Registered
143 Posts
great idea for a thread, love perusing these on other car forums.

I blacked out my useless inner tails with black vinyl, very happy with the finished product. Using a hair dryer i was able to form the vinyl around the beveled edge of the plastic, looks stock. Will def hold me over until i can get around to a proper led conversion.

I also installed these switchbacks, going to change them out for a different set as I dont feel they are optimized due to the position of the bulb. love the extra light output at the sides.

next project is chopping up the lower reflectors and fabricating sequential turn signals into each one! Hoping to get around to it after the holidays.
or who knows maybe santa will deliver a shark fin antenna haha.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Cleaned the inside of the windshield. Was fogging up bad, especially with the heater not working in EV mode! Much clearer now, only had to use defrost once on the commute! I need to clean it more regularly. It's one of those things you don't really think about until it's a problem.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I slowed down to allow a squirrel to cross the road safely.
Funny...I seem to always attract low flying birds....go figure

Drove it through the car wash.

Added ODB-2 bluetooth adapter and MyGreenVolt app.
Which OBD-2 adapter did you go with?

great idea for a thread, love perusing these on other car forums.

I blacked out my useless inner tails with black vinyl, very happy with the finished product. Using a hair dryer i was able to form the vinyl around the beveled edge of the plastic, looks stock. Will def hold me over until i can get around to a proper led conversion.

I also installed these switchbacks, going to change them out for a different set as I dont feel they are optimized due to the position of the bulb. love the extra light output at the sides.

next project is chopping up the lower reflectors and fabricating sequential turn signals into each one! Hoping to get around to it after the holidays.
or who knows maybe santa will deliver a shark fin antenna haha.
Looks good!! Looking forward to the turn signal work.....someone else made them reverse lights...I thought that was neat and am considering doing that also.....or doing something with them regardless!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Drove it to work... The driver's setup (Traction Control off, Stabilitrak off, Sport Mode, transmission set to 'L') makes for both a lively and enjoyable commute to work. The small projects in the queue are starting to pile up, but they will have to wait for free time (whatever that is).

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Giving the Volt an "off day" and driving the XT instead to give it some excercise...it's spoiled and just sits there in the warm cozy garage watching the Volt do all the work

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I pumped my tires up to 44 psi again, using the vehicle charger. Of course this means tomorrow morning instead of 37/38, I'll probably have 40. Also added red aluminum valve step caps to match my red calipers and red bowties.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Dropped off the Volt at the dealer to have the recalls done, and the heater repaired. The person helping me already knew about the heater issues, and fixed about four Volt's with the same problem recently, so that's reassuring. So, driving the Saab for now. Feels weird not having the Volt!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dropped off the Volt at the dealer to have the recalls done, and the heater repaired. The person helping me already knew about the heater issues, and fixed about four Volt's with the same problem recently, so that's reassuring. So, driving the Saab for now. Feels weird not having the Volt!
What heater issue Novaks?

1 - 20 of 261 Posts