GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a bunch of Volt purchase incentives are expiring in the next couple days. E.g. "Volt Select Market Incremental Consumer Cash Program", "June Flex Cash", Chevrolet Select Market Incremental CCR Program" all expire 6/30 or 7/2.

I haven't monitored this before -- what happens when these expire? Does a Volt immediately become thousands of dollars more expensive? Or do new (possibly better?) incentives replace them immediately?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
It really depends on how sales have been. GM incentives come and go for all their models.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
They may be doing that to lower their inventory as the new model year approaches. They don't want to be stuck with old product when that happens. They may do more incentives if they need to clear more inventory, but I would not count on it. The incentives available now are the only sure thing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree that what's available now is the only sure thing.

However, now that the 2019 Volt has been announced with the 7.2kwh charging system, I would expect the 2018s on the lot have just lost some value. Perhaps that will encourage them to continue or increase incentives.

·
Registered
257 Posts
... However, now that the 2019 Volt has been announced with the 7.2kwh charging system, I would expect the 2018s on the lot have just lost some value. Perhaps that will encourage them to continue or increase incentives.
That would be my thinking, too.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
The new higher power (7.2kW) charging system is standard on the 2019 Premier and optional on the LT. We don't yet know the price of this option on the LT. If you were planning to purchase an LT but don't want to spend additional $ (amount TBD) for the 7.2kW charging system then the utility of the 3.6kW charger that is the only charging option on the 2018 LT and standard on the 2019 LT is the same.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The $2,000 Select Market Bonus Cash listed on Chevy's vehicle search as "must take delivery by 7/2" changed overnight to "must take delivery by 7/31".

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
18-20%% off MSRP on some models (impala equinox premiers, tahoes) as of yesterday but not the volt

Last few summers discounts on the volt right about first week of July.

Sent from my A3-A30 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
The Volt (and Bolt) are just "toe in the door" for GM, they aren't going to make any money so no advertising and no discounts (to speak of unless dealers have trouble moving their small quota). When people's attitudes change (you'll see the above 1% sales figures change) they will be there to ramp up production/products.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts