GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a used 2016 ELR. 7800 miles and a company driven car. Looks new.

But the EVSE looks to me like a 2013 Volt one and with some wear on it, more than an almost new 2016 would have. It has two LED lights on the front and screws on the back.

Can anyone post a picture of the 2016 EVSE front and back please. I want to see what it should be and if it is the real deal. Otherwise I would keep my 2015 Volt EVSE

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the 2016 ELR one look like the Gen 2 volt one in the first pic in the second thread or does it look like the first pic in the first one with the plug changed?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Does the 2016 ELR one look like the Gen 2 volt one in the first pic in the second thread or does it look like the first pic in the first one with the plug changed?
ELR is usually the Clipper Creek units like the 13-14 Volt. The have two vertical lights, unlike the Lear units that look like scary eyes when wall mounted.

·
Registered
40 Posts
ELR is usually the Clipper Creek units like the 13-14 Volt. The have two vertical lights, unlike the Lear units that look like scary eyes when wall mounted.
Do you think the scary eyes were in the design to keep children away from messing with the charger? haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts