GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a 2014 Volt for two years now. It has been flawless. However, for all that time, when I have been driving it in a ranger of weather conditions, speeds, battery charge levels, new and old tires, oil changes etc. Some sort of alarm will chime 4 times while underway and there is never an accompanying text explanation on the display. I have the Volt version that has the backup camera and warning system but, unlike the Gen 2, I do not believe there was a side traffic monitoring system as an option in 2014. Any idea what the chimes are? It must be a built in feature but I have no idea what.

·
Registered
788 Posts
My last Volt was a 2014 with all the options. Every time I put the car in reverse and backed out of my garage the car would beep like crazy, warning me that the sides of the garage were close by and that I should be careful. I was glad when I got my 2017 LT, without all the driver assist software. Now I can back out of the garage in peace.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Here's my guess. The car looses contact with the remote because of low battery/and or it is some where in car that is blocking its signal. I sometimes get this when I start my car then leave it for what ever temporary reason (move garden hose out of the way etc.) with the remote in my pocket. Any others?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Could it be the lane departure warning? It gives a brief flashing icon in the screen. It can be turned off if you don't like it.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Something on the passenger seat?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds like the passenger seatbelt warning. Check the display above the rearview mirror next time you hear it.

There's a sensor in the passenger seat that can be tripped by stray electromagnetic fields, like laying your cellphone or laptop there. It can also trip due to weight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like the passenger seatbelt warning. Check the display above the rearview mirror next time you hear it.

There's a sensor in the passenger seat that can be tripped by stray electromagnetic fields, like laying your cellphone or laptop there. It can also trip due to weight.
Thanks to everyone for the responses. I often will set my cell phone on the passenger seat when I am driving so it makes a lot of sense that that is what could be triggering the seat belt warning. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts