GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Volt through Costco, so I received a $50 gift card to be used at the dealership. It can be used for accessories or service. I'm hoping no service needed before the card expires in 6 months, so are there any recommendations for accessories?

I have the premium trim package, so I do not need the pocket that goes between the two back seats, although blocking that opening would be nice. Suggestions? :cool:

·
Administrator
20,810 Posts
Ya, get the pocket. It looks nice, blocks some sound, and you can stash little used items in it. Or get the all weather cargo mat.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I recently bought both the cargo mat and all floor mats and am glad I did. A note on the cargo one, its very heavy duty and weighs a good deal for its size. Not sure it's enough to effect mileage.

I think the cargo dividers would be handy too, but I spent a lot already.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have these:
  • Rear seat divider thing
  • cargo mat
  • all-season floor mats
  • cargo net
  • cabin air filter

All are good. The all-season mats only matter if you have winter (IMO). I don't really use the rear seat divider, I just didn't like the hole.

Get a cabin air filter independent of the others. It's stupid that a $40K car doesn't come with a $15 paper filter.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Your first oil change, two years from now.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Maybe a windshield sunshade. Maybe the Chevrolet version will fit a little better than the other custom fit for the Volt aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
My absolute favorite accessory is the Cargo Organizer, Item #19202575

It is so incredibly useful, for storing all sorts of bags, groceries, takeout food, etc. By far, the best thing I ever bought for the Volt. It even collpases and stores flat without having to take it out. It has two clips on the side to attach to the D rings in the back.

·
Administrator
20,810 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
appearance item

I think the door sill "VOLT dress plates" finish the looks of the entry very well. The plain painted sill will look terrible in a short time from foot scuffs and scratches.... :)

·
Administrator
20,810 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes, I have them on mine and they are fairly thin, but I think they are just fine. They are metal (Aluminum I believe) with adhesive backing. They seem to have enough thickness to do the job just fine. I have the same thing on our 3 year old Malibu LTZ and they are holding up just fine. It came with them from the factory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts