GM Volt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went Volt shopping for my dad today. His 2013 Volt lease is ending, so we have been looking around and comparing Volt deals from last month and now. Just wanted to let you guys know that Keyes is discounting Volts $500 more today than they did when I was looking a month ago. At least that's what the deals are this weekend.

I spoke with Rick when I was there. He's the general manager. If you're trying to save some more cash, talk to Rick @ Keyes Chevy!

VIVA LA VOLTS!!!

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Keep in mind that if you start making a habit of posting Keyes "deals" we will treat you as a sales rep for that dealer. That means you'll be asked to pay for sponsoring this site or we will delete your posts. Basically the same message we gave Rick.

I'm not saying that is what you are doing, but Rick tried to do an end-run around this car dealer policy in the past (resulting in his threads being deleted as promised).

·
Registered
251 Posts
Keep in mind that if you start making a habit of posting Keyes "deals" we will treat you as a sales rep for that dealer. That means you'll be asked to pay for sponsoring this site or we will delete your posts. Basically the same message we gave Rick.

I'm not saying that is what you are doing, but Rick tried to do an end-run around this car dealer policy in the past (resulting in his threads being deleted as promised).

Oh I would love to do business with a dealer that tries to cut every corner to save himself a buck!! ;)

·
Registered
13,556 Posts

I'm so glad the keys sales posts have stopped...that was getting downright annoying. Though the recent Discount Tire posting was annoying as it had nothing to do with a Volt or EVs, but then I figured out we couldn't reply to the forum post and they are indeed a sponsor (gotta find a way to somehow pay the bills).

I guess I need to stop putting in plugs for a certain volt accessories supplier on this forum or that other tire and wheel place in Indiana (direct competitor to Discount Tire) or I'll get tagged as a sales rep :)

·
Registered
199 Posts

So are you going to start dictating what people can and can't say on this forum? Last I checked this is a free country.

I personally have no issue with dealer's posting deals, as long as it is in the correct forum. However, this isn't my site and I have no affiliation with any dealers.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts

So are you going to start dictating what people can and can't say on this forum? Last I checked this is a free country.

I personally have no issue with dealer's posting deals, as long as it is in the correct forum. However, this isn't my site and I have no affiliation with any dealers.
This forum is owned by a company, and they have final say as to what you can and can't post. The "free country, I can do whatever I want!" doesn't fly here.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I didn't think it was a huge deal seeing those posts, but at times they were a lot of them and I also wondered why they didn't pony up and become a sponsor (probably "why buy the cow?").

But the one thing that really bugged me was all these users posting questions about things like "my car was built and sitting at the plant and my dealer says they don't know anything" and here was a perfect place for a genuine dealer to provide assistance and say "here are the tools that each dealer has to check status, here is how the process works, etc" and if this dealer ever made posts like that I missed them as all I saw were the "come on down" posts.

·
Registered
199 Posts
This forum is owned by a company, and they have final say as to what you can and can't post. The "free country, I can do whatever I want!" doesn't fly here.
Orly? What company is that? I thought I read that this forum is owned by an individual.

Also, is there a Terms of Use/Acceptable Use Agreement? I have looked all over and haven't found one.

Edit: Never mind found it. Curse the evil corporations and their lawyers and such...

·
Registered
13,556 Posts

Yeah, but when two people start to go at it and hurl insults they have to do something to stop the crazies. Plus we need to celebrate the fact that even though we are a free country, not everything comes for free - that's the cornerstone of capitalism. This site offers a service, but needs to pay webmasters, network costs, server costs, etc. So someone abusing the system trying to get free publicity (at times on a weekly basis) should really switch to being a sponsor.

·
Registered
568 Posts
What annoyed me most about those bothersome Keyes ads was it was intentionally vague... "omg look super deal, come on down to Keyes" but any specifics of the deal were intentionally left out if you were looking to purchase. I even recall a few where basic information was left out, phone number/address, etc etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lots of forums and bulletin boards are monitored, for a variety of reasons with a variety of policies. The Administrators are generally helpful, so I think it's no big deal.

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Orly? What company is that? I thought I read that this forum is owned by an individual.

Also, is there a Terms of Use/Acceptable Use Agreement? I have looked all over and haven't found one.

Edit: Never mind found it. Curse the evil corporations and their lawyers and such...
kakaratto, feel free to leave and never read any of the posts or info on this forum given the onerous, evil policy we have of making car dealers become a sponsor in order to post their advertisements.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
What annoyed me most about those bothersome Keyes ads was it was intentionally vague... "omg look super deal, come on down to Keyes" but any specifics of the deal were intentionally left out if you were looking to purchase. I even recall a few where basic information was left out, phone number/address, etc etc.
I thought the Keyes posts were motivating and informative with just enough details . I always enjoyed reading the posts to get a feel of the pulse of how the Volt is selling . Maybe I can just email Rick to get on his mailing list and skip going to the forum .

·
Registered
199 Posts
kakaratto, feel free to leave and never read any of the posts or info on this forum given the onerous, evil policy we have of making car dealers become a sponsor in order to post their advertisements.
Thanks for the warm fuzzys Steverino. Attacking one of your longtime members for speaking his mind is BELOW a forum moderator. I could even understand it if I was personally attacking you, but I wasn't. I was just giving my 2 cents.

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Thanks for the warm fuzzys Steverino. Attacking one of your longtime members for speaking his mind is BELOW a forum moderator. I could even understand it if I was personally attacking you, but I wasn't. I was just giving my 2 cents.
Inviting you to leave because of your moral outrage over the forum's car dealer sponsorship policy as "evil" is not a personal attack, lol. Given that you also feel we are "dictating what people can and can't say on this forum", I'm pointing out you have the option of leaving.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

And I miss all those dealer's post. Ever since I became a member of this forum for ages, I always go to this special section of the Volt Forum: http://gm-volt.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?24-Buying-Leasing-amp-Selling-Chevy-Volt

And I always expect that Volt dealers to regularly post here. Isn't that section to be for Volt dealers? We should expect that dealers post here and no one should be annoyed nor irritated. What happened to your logic?

And I always refer such posts of the dealer to my friends who I have persuaded to buy the Volt, which by the way, I have more than two dozen friends whom I have convinced to buy the Volt and give them an idea when a deal is good or not from the dealership.

Now it has become a sore issue, and I don't see those special deals for forum members anymore. That is a VERY BAD decision, it doesn't help me now on my evangelizing of the Volt! As for me, it is more damaging to GM-Volt if you don't allow the special deals posting of dealers for the forum members.

Please allow the dealers special section for posting their deals. Allow also another section for people that would personally buy and sell their Volts.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
And I miss all those dealer's post. Ever since I became a member of this forum for ages, I always go to this special section of the Volt Forum: http://gm-volt.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?24-Buying-Leasing-amp-Selling-Chevy-Volt

And I always expect that Volt dealers to regularly post here. Isn't that section to be for Volt dealers? We should expect that dealers post here and no one should be annoyed nor irritated. What happened to your logic?

And I always refer such posts of the dealer to my friends who I have persuaded to buy the Volt, which by the way, I have more than two dozen friends whom I have convinced to buy the Volt and give them an idea when a deal is good or not from the dealership.

Now it has become a sore issue, and I don't see those special deals for forum members anymore. That is a VERY BAD decision, it doesn't help me now on my evangelizing of the Volt! As for me, it is more damaging to GM-Volt if you don't allow the special deals posting of dealers for the forum members.

Please allow the dealers special section for posting their deals. Allow also another section for people that would personally buy and sell their Volts.
The problem is Rick's post didn't have enough info usually. Usually it was "SALE! $200/month, 10k miles! Don't call, just come on in with private offer!".

If he laid out ALL the pricing info (money factor, dealer discount, rebates, bonus tags, etc....), that would have been much more helpful to a much wider audience of forum members...not just those near SoCal.

As it stood, his dealership was benefiting way more from his advertisements than forum members. For the number of sales he probably got from posting on this forum, you'd think he'd be willing to kick back a little, but guess not.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
The problem is Rick's post didn't have enough info usually. Usually it was "SALE! $200/month, 10k miles! Don't call, just come on in with private offer!".

If he laid out ALL the pricing info (money factor, dealer discount, rebates, bonus tags, etc....), that would have been much more helpful to a much wider audience of forum members...not just those near SoCal.

As it stood, his dealership was benefiting way more from his advertisements than forum members. For the number of sales he probably got from posting on this forum, you'd think he'd be willing to kick back a little, but guess not.
I've always PM'ed Rick for more info or clarification and he's responsive.

·
Registered
118 Posts

This forum is about the support and promotion of the Chevy Volt and the satisfaction of it's owner base. This forum can promote and grow the Volt owner base by having a section for dealers to promote their best deals of the Volt (NOT to promote the dealer).
I as a Volt Owner bought a Volt originally due to these postings on this forum and I would guess many others did also by learning about specials that were offered.
It would be very beneficial for this forum & GM and the forum readers and participants to allow any dealer offering a special deal on the Volt to advertise it on this forum and INCREASE GMs Sales and owner base of the Volt now and in the future. (esecially with all of the competition coming into the marketplace by most other manufacturers in the next few months and years to come).
Please let all forum members take your opinion to GM and the forum for a change in policy if possible???

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.