GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We go to a store and my wife is talking to someone on the phone so I leave her in the car (turned off, doors unlocked).

I guess I have the auto lock on because a few minutes later she says the doors all locked themselves.

Then she opens the door to get out of the car and when she closes the door the car freaks out honking and beeping.

We laughed later that it just didn't want to be left alone.

·
Registered
261 Posts
And we want to give our cars the ability to drive themselves? Do we really know what we're dealing with here?

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
My daughter has set off the alarm before also, as she hate shopping so she sits in the car listening to music. Now I just leave the doors unlocked (no worries about safely, the crime rate is virtually non-existent where I live)

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I also turned off auto lock after a couple of incidents like that within 5 minutes of each other. It is better to lock manually when you regularly carry passengers.

·
Administrator
19,974 Posts
And we want to give our cars the ability to drive themselves? Do we really know what we're dealing with here?
The car performed flawlessly, doing exactly what you had told it to do. The problem was not with the car, haha :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
You, or the previous owner, must've enabled the autolock. I enabled that on my car. It's great feature if you're ok with the fact that you can't really leave anyone in the car without the key. Good peace-of-mind if you're constantly forgetting to lock your car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have not found a way to turn off auto-lock on a 2017. I went through the settings several times. Finally found in the manual that holding the unlock button on the door for 5 seconds turns it off. But I think only until you open the door again.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have not found a way to turn off auto-lock on a 2017. I went through the settings several times. Finally found in the manual that holding the unlock button on the door for 5 seconds turns it off. But I think only until you open the door again.
Page 146.

Home > Settings > Vehicle > Passive Door Lock

Passive Door Lock
This allows passive locking to be
turned on or off and selects
feedback. See “Passive Locking” in
Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)
System Operation 0 30.
Select Off, On with Horn
Chirp, or On.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
My car fears for its life when my wife is in the left seat. : )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts