GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WeatherTech just released the Cargo Liner on their website last week. I was in town so I dropped by to pick one up. The didn't have it in stock yet. They just started production this week so they shipped it to me and I got it today. Might have gotten the first one sold. It's a perfect fit. Just waiting on the mats to be released now. They said it should be in the near future. I know Husky beat them to the punch but I've been happy with all my WT products. They are also fairly local to me so I guess I'm a fanboy.

Here are a few pictures (comparing to OEM mat)

IMG_9357.jpg IMG_9354.jpg IMG_9359.jpg

·
Registered
464 Posts
Very cool... looks great! I know you said it's a perfect fit, can't help but notice in that first picture it looks like the WT mat is definitely larger than the GM mat. Am I seeing things right?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Very cool... looks great! I know you said it's a perfect fit, can't help but notice in that first picture it looks like the WT mat is definitely larger than the GM mat. Am I seeing things right?
Check out the 2nd picture. The OEM mat doesn't even cover the whole floor. I thought it was the wrong mat when they put it in the car lol. Just the way they make it. About an inch gap all around it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Check out the 2nd picture. The OEM mat doesn't even cover the whole floor. I thought it was the wrong mat when they put it in the car lol. Just the way the make it. About an inch gap all around it.
Makes sense... How much did the trunk mat cost?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is $109. It flattened out pretty quick as it was rolled up in a box to ship.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks, I just checked my trunk mat and it the fit isn't like the one in the 2nd pic, mine seems to fit pretty good, especially on the sides. My build date is August 2016 so maybe they got it sorted better by then?

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Since no one was making a rear mat for a Gen II when I bought mine my dealer threw in the OEM all weather mat for free. Mine has no gap, fits nice a snug. I'm surprised at how badly yours fits. I can only assume GM made some mods to the OEM mat.

But I am waiting for WT front protectors as the OEM all weather mats just don't provide enough coverage or protection.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would love to see a pic from one of you guys that have one of the OEM mat that actually fits. Mine fits terrible with that stupid gap around it as well. Glad to hear the WT mat is finally available. I've had their stuff in all of my vehicles for the past 10 years and have never been disappointed. I think my OEM Volt mat is going to end up on the floor of my garage in front of my tool box. Either that, or I will cut it up and toss it in the trash. Useless ill fitting garbage

·
Registered
677 Posts
I just got the complete set of Husky Weatherbeaters... Much nicer fit and design then the Weathertechs in my opinion...

·
Registered
464 Posts
I would love to see a pic from one of you guys that have one of the OEM mat that actually fits. Mine fits terrible with that stupid gap around it as well. Glad to hear the WT mat is finally available. I've had their stuff in all of my vehicles for the past 10 years and have never been disappointed. I think my OEM Volt mat is going to end up on the floor of my garage in front of my tool box. Either that, or I will cut it up and toss it in the trash. Useless ill fitting garbage
What year/build date is your Volt?

Pic as requested, not a perfect fit and hard to see in the pic on bottom portion but there is about 1/2 to 3/4" gap on bottom, maybe same at top middle. Sides are actually very good if not perfect. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give the fit of this OEM mat an 8.

Trunk Mat.jpg

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the picture! I'm going to take mine back to my dealer and request a replacement. It was made incorrectly after looking at this picture. I couldn't understand why it wouldn't cover the whole floor but was told initially that is just how they were made.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealer is ordering me a replacement for my original :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
What year/build date is your Volt?

Pic as requested, not a perfect fit and hard to see in the pic on bottom portion but there is about 1/2 to 3/4" gap on bottom, maybe same at top middle. Sides are actually very good if not perfect. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give the fit of this OEM mat an 8.

View attachment 121458
Yeah, that looks WAAAAY better than how mine fits. Mine looks like it shrank in the wash. They must have changed the design or maybe tossed in a Gen1 mat or something. Beats me.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll post once I receive the replacement and take a pic of them side by side.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is the incorrect one sitting on top of the replacement. I would recommend visiting your dealer and having it replaced if you have one that is made wrong.

ScreenHunter_003.jpg

·
Registered
926 Posts
Thanks for the "smoking gun" pic! No dealer should be able to deny a replacement with it staring them down.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Here is the incorrect one sitting on top of the replacement. I would recommend visiting your dealer and having it replaced if you have one that is made wrong.
Did they update the part number?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts