GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an annoying glitch. Everytime I start the car, within 5 minutes, the screen displays a weather advisory, which I either can cancel, or list by town every weather advisory in the immediate area. This has been going on for the past 10 days, even if the weather is sunny and pleasant. The volt advisor said its an xm radio issue, and she called xm, who said there was nothing they could do. its not a big deal, but if anyone else is sharing this, it would make me feel better, and if someone knew how to turn it off, I would be ecstatic.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I started seeing this problem about 3 days ago when the weather got bad in northern VA. It kept popping up over and over. I selected info on the center stack and then updated the weather information. It didn't display new information, but it stopped popping up after that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine doesn't pop up like that but when I looked at my extended forecast it showed snow for Saturday and Sunday.

I live in So. California!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I started seeing this problem about 3 days ago when the weather got bad in northern VA. It kept popping up over and over. I selected info on the center stack and then updated the weather information. It didn't display new information, but it stopped popping up after that.
Ditto in SE Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Probably more of an issue with XM's servers giving incorrect data, as the weather and traffic updates come from them. Maybe give them a call or message and see if they have been having problems.

·
Registered
509 Posts
These repeated warnings got old fast. You can turn them off by pressing the "config" button. Find and touch "weather warning" (under "display?") to turn off the check mark.

GSP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts