GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen an issue like this? I loaned my 2013 Volt to a friend and she took it in to the local dealer when it started displaying a "Watch for Ice" message even though the weather was in the 60s. The local dealer told her it was a short in the instrument cluster and that would have to be replaced at a cost of nearly 1k. When we told them to just give it back, they told us that the cluster would be black because it was bad.

This seems like a shady dealer service department trying to take advantage of a customer. I'm in Texas. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Has anyone seen an issue like this? I loaned my 2013 Volt to a friend and she took it in to the local dealer when it started displaying a "Watch for Ice" message even though the weather was in the 60s. The local dealer told her it was a short in the instrument cluster and that would have to be replaced at a cost of nearly 1k. When we told them to just give it back, they told us that the cluster would be black because it was bad.

This seems like a shady dealer service department trying to take advantage of a customer. I'm in Texas. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? Thanks.
What's the temperature reading on the touch screen? If that's wrong too, I'd start by replacing the ambient air temp sensor -- should be less than ten bucks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts