GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Previous warranty status tracker prior to site redesign...

Redesigned warranty status tracker as of today...

Logged in over at https://my.chevrolet.com and was greeted with a username change response (seems you have to log in with a username that matches your email address now).

Found that I have 'lost' a couple of listed warranties I had previously on my 2013 Volt specifically the 8yr Voltec Component Limited Warranty and the Special Coverage 14232 warranty which was for 10yrs or 150kmiles!?

Is this just me or has anyone else's warranties status have now changed for their Volts after the fact?

·
4,852 Posts
I'm going to guess it's an error. This website certainly does not dictate the terms of your warranty, it merely serves as a notification of what you have. It can be wrong. :)

FWIW, mine is different too. I also don't understand the calendar expirations. All of my warranties expire 8/14 of some year. But I bought the car on 4/25/2013, so.... ???

It also now says my bumper to bumper expires in August of 2018, though it also expires at 36k miles which is about 2k miles from now. Not sure why I suddenly have a 64 month bumper to bumper warranty. ;)

·
4,852 Posts
Rich, have you heard any more about this?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Well, something's not right.

My red Volt's OnStar subscription expired, but the white Volt's OnStar subscription is still active. However, when I logged into the owner center, only the red one showed up (of course, it can't talk to the car). The white one with active OnStar was not listed across the top of the page, but when I looked at my account settings and clicked on the advanced diagnostics settings for the white Volt, the white Volt was then listed at the top of the page and the red Volt was now gone (Btw, it looks like my white Volt diagnostic settings were lost). I had to click on the white one on the top of the page to get a dropdown that listed both cars.

The whole OnStar experience online and with RemoteLink is the major reason I chose not to renew my OnStar subscription in the first place. They really need to get their act together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts