GM Volt Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Are the interior LED lights dim-able at all?
The blue accent lighting in the door and the light in the center console storage below the radio do not dim. Everything else does includes door handle lights, window up/downs, power locks, all displays and the lights for the gears (park, reverse, etc.).

blue streak

Thanks for the in-depth review Geohec! I am particularly interested in your thoughts since I also live in the Sierra foothills (Placerville) and have a similar commute distance. We also have a PV array and will be switching to EV-A rate soon. My commute is 62 round trip miles daily, and I was hoping to do it all on electric, so your numbers are encouraging. We have a Kinetic Blue LT on pre-order at the dealership in Davis currently on the train. It doesn't look like I'll be getting the cash incentives that you got (unless they are renewed), and I considered trying to buy elsewhere before they expired, but stuck with my original plan. I'll keep an eye out for the blue streak as I'm driving to work!!!

I'

I swear it was like a TV commercial, should have looked for the hidden camera, but she was definitely enamored with it.
She was hitting on you dude.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Thanks for the in-depth review Geohec! I am particularly interested in your thoughts since I also live in the Sierra foothills (Placerville) and have a similar commute distance. We also have a PV array and will be switching to EV-A rate soon. My commute is 62 round trip miles daily, and I was hoping to do it all on electric, so your numbers are encouraging. We have a Kinetic Blue LT on pre-order at the dealership in Davis currently on the train. It doesn't look like I'll be getting the cash incentives that you got (unless they are renewed), and I considered trying to buy elsewhere before they expired, but stuck with my original plan. I'll keep an eye out for the blue streak as I'm driving to work!!!
Congrats on your preorder. I'm very happy with my decision to get this vehicle and am enjoying it.

I will caution that you're EV mileage may not be good as mine. Especially with you climbing to an elevation of 1800 ft compared to my commute where i'm climbing to an elevation 1300 ft. I noticed how my last 10 miles climb about 1000 ft and my EV range starts dropping significanlty but not enough to make me switch to mountain mode because I'm close to making it on pure EV. You may however have to pay attention to your display on your infotainment display at the end of day and see which mode works best for you EV only with gas at end, or Ev 90% of distance then mountain mode at end.

Good luck and I'll look for you on the freeway when you get yours.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.