GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, an electrician friend of mine told me he bought 5 BEVs for $1000 total, auctioned at Wayne State University.

https://www.e-ride.com/

OK, 2 of them needed some minor repairs, and all needed new batteries, IIRC, 9 8V golf cart batteries.
These are roadable vehicles. Top speed 30 mph, range 50 miles.

edrive.jpg

·
Administrator
20,582 Posts
The wheels alone are worth $1000. He got a steal.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
got a great deal,,I'd be modifying them w/ volt battery packs.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Looks like a tiny Humvee, so kind of cool and definitely a steal. But I can't think of any possible use I could have for a 30mph tiny pickup. Definitely many industrial uses, but at that speed I could not safely drive it anywhere outside of my neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I have family that lives on a small (6x4 mile) island. Vehicles like this are sometimes spotted there because the max speed on the whole island is 35 (or 40?) and so they allow these everywhere. But they still back traffic up and are a bit annoying, since normal cars dominate (there are a couple large bridges there, so it's not an isolated place or anything). Still, nice to see some lower cost options for people who live in places where they might make sense, just wish they could up the speed to 40 or so, but I'm sure it's a safety thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts