1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Regardless of the extent to which charging stations at retail locations are useful for Volt owners, it is encouraging to see them being deployed at national chains because they serve to remind consumers that electric vehicles are here to stay.

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
Cost is $2.50/hour to charge. Pass.
Same here. 4 hrs for a complete charge =$10 vs. $4/gal for gas or $1.50 (or less) for the home brewed e-juice. I would have to be both out of battery and out of gas to use this.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's too bad they're charging. The Walgreens here (oak park il) is free... But who cares since it takes me at most 10 minutes to complete my Walgreens experience. That's about a mile of charge.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Same here. 4 hrs for a complete charge =$10 vs. $4/gal for gas or $1.50 (or less) for the home brewed e-juice. I would have to be both out of battery and out of gas to use this.
Paying the equivalent of $10/gallon to charge at a store that normally requires less than 20 minutes to visit is a guaranteed way to have cobwebs form on those chargers. That is neither the right store nor the right price for plug in stations. That's a real shame because it will turn people off to the real beauty of EVs. Now, if you put a free charging station in front of the Texas Roadhouse, you can bet I'll be eating steak a LOT more often!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts