GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone else waiting for a new strut release from GM to solve creaking noise when steering at low speeds?

My dealer referenced tech assist case #71-1054777696 and says the noise is caused by the strut tower bushing/bearings assy and GM is working on parts to repair it but the parts are not available yet.

3,608 Posts
Thanks for providing the case number Jason. We will keep an eye on it from our end.

·
Registered
915 Posts
The strut problem is the thing that most annoys me, its basically the only real noise i can hear in the car and its bugging me more and more....I hope they fix this soon

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Volt, C00187, just started making the stiction noise. At first it sounded like rack and pinion steering gears not properly meshing when i turn the steering wheel. It is only noticeable at low speed. I have about 3700 miles on ODO. It's good to know that it is not serious and i can mention the strut bulletin to the dealer when i schedule the other mods. This forum is a lot of help.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My dealer contacted me today to tell me that the new struts that were ordered 2 weeks ago came in. When I reported the problem to the dealer I mentioned service bulletin PI0645A. How do I know that these are the newly designed struts?

·
Registered
915 Posts
any update to this? I'm looking forward to having a quiet car.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The front struts were replaced yesterday and on the drive home from the dealer I noticed a significant improvement. When driving over rough road surfaces I didn't hear any clunking noises like I used to hear. The feel is more solid. The dealer also replaced the strut mounts, and "set front toe". The part numbers listed on the service invoice for the struts are 19260798 and 19260799.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.