GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,855 Posts

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Amazon notes a later version of that, and the video in the the listing for the newer unit demos a couple of tests that the unit performs. None of them are applicable to the Volt. (Cold cranking amps, starting cranking time and voltage drop, and an alternator load voltage test)
I went ahead and ordered the battery tester (the one in the link.) I have a 12V jump starter pack (sealed lead-acid heavy MF) and also a 12V sealed battery for my home standby generator so hopefully I will be able to get some use out of this battery tester even if it can't tell me anything useful about the status of my Volt's 12V AGM battery.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Well, best of luck to you. I'm 90% sure the tester will tell you that battery is fine, if you can even make the tests work on a Volt. That doesn't make the battery fine for the Volt either. I'd have spent the fifty bucks as part-payment for a new 12v instead.
If it was just the Volt's 12V AGM battery I was concerned about I would agree. I am also interested in the health of 2 other 12V sealed lead-acid batteries in my inventory. Plus, a friend recently gave me an Amazon gift card that covered the cost so I went ahead and purchased the tester.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts