GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I won't say it's ugly, but I'd rather have a car that I get into instead of put on. :rolleyes:

This may be of interest due to its excellent fuel mileage, but I can't imagine my wife desiring such a vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Personally I think it looks good. I love cars that are to the point and clean in the curves. Although I did really like the styling of the Insight also.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Interesting concept. 8.5HP?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hey! VW's getting into the motorcycle business! I guess it's a German thing. The original one took about three liters to go 100 kilometers and had a 10hp motor. The original one was very inexpensive and ordinary people could easily buy one. This original example below was made in the 1950's. The concept has gone from helping the lower classes gain personal transportation freedom to the upper classes entertainment.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Never liked the Messerschmidt pictured in the previous post, but the BMW Isetta was a cute little bubble car.

This VW....we'll I've never been opposed to the enclosed motorcycle idea (BTW, this one isn't a motorcycle....it's got more than three wheels). But I prefer something cooler looking, like the Carver.

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am also a fan of the Carver. I love the idea of an enclosed motorcycle that can be used in all weather and is much safer. My biggest concern is getting hit from behind. On a motorcycle you are in for a whole lot of pain. The Aptera is also cool but I like this design much better. This also takes the lighter and more aerodynamic concept to the maximum. A plug-in or full BEV version would be quite a marvel. To any automakers that are reading this. Yes please!

I wonder how a fiberglass version of this car would perform. Basically a poor man's version. Might still get well over 100 mpg. Hey VW, can you allow someone to copy your molds so we can get a kit car version of this? A simple tubular frame and EnerDel battery pack...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Carver is neat but not practical. The estimated MPG is only 40-45 which is not much better than my 1991 Honda Civic SI hatch. Not to mention they are "hand made". Neat though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts