GM Volt Forum banner

VW, No EV hatch in the US, no EV Beetle at all

2645 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  ItsNotAboutTheMoney
No Beetle EV is such a miss, almost as bad as Ford making a four door Mustang in Mexico.

I'd trade my TM3 for a convertible Beetle EV in a second
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
970 Posts
lol, someday I will tell you the story about how we were buying the last 14 ELR in Ontario over the phone when another salesman sold it out from under us. That's how you get a Volt.

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, someday I will tell you the story about how we were buying the last 14 ELR in Ontario over the phone when another salesman sold it out from under us. That's how you get a Volt.
a three hundred mile EV ELR for 60k would get my attention, as it stands now I am waiting a few years for my second EV. Was hoping VW would have shown more flexibility in model offerings here in the US

· Administrator
23,440 Posts
a three hundred mile EV ELR for 60k would get my attention, as it stands now I am waiting a few years for my second EV. Was hoping VW would have shown more flexibility in model offerings here in the US
2020-2023 should offer more EV options from a variety of manufacturers. If you can wait until 2023 the range of choices should be good. Tesla, GM, Ford, VW and more have made announcement for that time frame. Of course announcements are cheap, whether and what they deliver are of course open questions.

· Registered
1,300 Posts
2020-2023 should offer more EV options from a variety of manufacturers. If you can wait until 2023 the range of choices should be good. Tesla, GM, Ford, VW and more have made announcement for that time frame. Of course announcements are cheap, whether and what they deliver are of course open questions.
Yep... and unfortunately, I gotta replace both my vehicles before then... I don't get the no EV Beetle, it's like Jeep deciding to just stop making the Wrangler. It's a very iconic car with a cult-like following.

· Registered
4,419 Posts
An electric VW Microbus makes more sense than an electric Beetle. Both are iconic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.