GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
19,974 Posts
Good for them. Hopefully it is the start of a trend. They were one of the first to embrace safety as a key ingredient as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
That's a huge step. Good fro them. It gets a little more challenging when you consider vehicles like the Suburban and Silverado, who need more muscle for towing. Come summer, my Suburban becomes a "tow-mobile."

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
And to quote Bob Dylan - For the times they are a-changin'

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
That's a huge step. Good fro them. It gets a little more challenging when you consider vehicles like the Suburban and Silverado, who need more muscle for towing. Come summer, my Suburban becomes a "tow-mobile."
I can think of nothing BETTER for a hybrid than towing. The amount of oomph needed to get rolling or up hills (comparatively short periods) is WAY more than the what's needed for normal steady-state hauling. A hybrid system means being able to scale the engine for how it operates MOST of the time plus a bit for charging up rather than peak loads that it only needs to put out for a minute or two at a time.

·
8,680 Posts
According to the article I read, Volvo is counting 48V belt alternator starter assist as electrified, too. That makes it a pretty small start, but every bit helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts