GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
87HP of EV power for a car that size is a bit low.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
87HP of EV power for a car that size is a bit low.
More details are needed. FWICT it'll be a parallel hybrid, which may or may not appeal to us here.

It's surely better styling than a gen 2 Volt and looks to be a lot roomier.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just did a build of an S60 R-Design T8 eAWD Plug-in Hybrid for $56,145 MSRP. Not bad but there was no option to build a T5 or T6. I guess they're not ready to take orders yet.

Powertrain information is severely lacking on VolvoCars.com.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
The expected battery capacity for Volvo's scalable platform architecture (SPA) is 10.4kWh. The EPA range estimate has not yet been released but based on the S90 Plug-In Hybrid expect the S60 PHEV to be able to go further on electricity than the 21 miles EV range of the S90.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Hello Chevy Volt buyers!

I may end up owning a Volvo after all.
Very nice. I may end up owning one too. Although I was also an early adopter of the first model S60 when that model came out in 2001.

Latest from Volvo is that the plant in SC where this S60 will be manufactured may be in limbo depending on what happens with the impending tariffs on "European" cars.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The expected battery capacity for Volvo's scalable platform architecture (SPA) is 10.4kWh. The EPA range estimate has not yet been released but based on the S90 Plug-In Hybrid expect the S60 PHEV to be able to go further on electricity than the 21 miles EV range of the S90.
Looking at this T8 chassis:

I can only imagine......... that without all the stuff in the back, and the same size battery a FWD T5 might have even more EV range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts