GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I got the notification as well for this voluntary recall on this months Onstar monthly diagnostics report. For those who don't know, it is to check whether the the emissions pipe was/is rubbing against the A/C hose connector. If it has been, the hose has to be replaced and the battery be dropped.

Luckily, mine was not rubbing and should have been a quick hour or so job to put protective sleeves on the hose. Looks like they cut some radiator houses and used those. However, they managed to crack the windshield during the repair...so I get a new factory windshield out of the deal as well (they assured it wouldn't be aftermarket glass). Hopefully, no leaks or scratches when that is fixed.

I didn't take it in myself, as I am away for work, but the wife said they had to remove a part that was crammed in there pretty tight. When they removed it, it tweaked the bottom of where the windshield mates to the frame/engine bay enough to crack it. I guess it is rather thin there (their words not mine) but I just know had I done it the glass would never have been broken. It looks more like something got dropped on it.

So far, they have been vary apologetic and even offered a rental car free of charge. So I can't been too upset. They are the same place that replaced my BECM last August and we have not had any issues. So I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Just a heads up for others who need this done. See pictures...
60822544197__77E443FD-D585-4DA9-9A54-816F05718DD8.jpg 60822544197__77E443FD-D585-4DA9-9A54-816F05718DD8.jpg

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Sounds to me like you have a good dealership. They owned up to their mistake and are trying to make it right by you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you. They have been nothing but professional. Happy driving!

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
My 2017 was in/out in about 2 hours last week, all it needed was the zip tie mod. Your dealer did the right thing by replacing the windshield. I believe they have insurance to cover customer's vehicles they damage while in their care, but far too often they try and hide or blame someone else.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Hello All,

I got the notification as well for this voluntary recall on this months Onstar monthly diagnostics report. For those who don't know, it is to check whether the the emissions pipe was/is rubbing against the A/C hose connector. If it has been, the hose has to be replaced and the battery be dropped.

Luckily, mine was not rubbing and should have been a quick hour or so job to put protective sleeves on the hose. Looks like they cut some radiator houses and used those. However, they managed to crack the windshield during the repair...so I get a new factory windshield out of the deal as well (they assured it wouldn't be aftermarket glass). Hopefully, no leaks or scratches when that is fixed.

I didn't take it in myself, as I am away for work, but the wife said they had to remove a part that was crammed in there pretty tight. When they removed it, it tweaked the bottom of where the windshield mates to the frame/engine bay enough to crack it. I guess it is rather thin there (their words not mine) but I just know had I done it the glass would never have been broken. It looks more like something got dropped on it.

So far, they have been vary apologetic and even offered a rental car free of charge. So I can't been too upset. They are the same place that replaced my BECM last August and we have not had any issues. So I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Just a heads up for others who need this done. See pictures...
View attachment 161201 View attachment 161201

This is exactly why I don’t let anyone touch my car, if I don’t have to. Stupid crap like this happens all too often (or worse).
What they were wrangling with to crack your windshield didn’t have to be touched in order to inspect or repairs he evap line chaffing.
Wiper arms and windshield cowling don’t have to be touched and that’s what the mechanic was removing when he cracked your windshield.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did they charge you for the inspection and padding the pipe then you had to submit a claim to GM for reimbursement? Thatt is not counting the windshield replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts