GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while back, my free OnStar plan that came with the Volt expired, and I switched to OnStar Basic for free for another 5 years. That lets you just use the remote key fob functions on the phone. At that time, my VoltStats.net data stopped updating despite trying to still get it to update by authorizing the site to access the data.

A couple weeks ago though, I went ahead and re-authorized both my Volt and my wife's Volt on VoltStats.net, and despite us both only having OnStar basic, it's pulling in all the mileage data again!

Figured I'd give people a heads up, as the data becomes even more useful on that site when you can't access it yourself due to only having the Basic plan. :)

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Yes, VoltStats has been happily polling my car twice a day since I bought my 2017 in Aug 2016 w/o pause. See Von Zipper if interested.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I hope to confirm as well in 5 days :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
I have the "Protection" plan (since March 2017), which I thought was the basic one. Voltstats has been working fine. Protection plan includes the monthly OnStar Diagnostic email report.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Yep, works just fine with the Basic Plan. Heck, I'm still seeing it's stats right now, curious of when someone finally buys my old Volt and takes ownership of the OnStar assignment. I think I just saw someone test drove it this week. They also tested the ICE it seems too. Used up 0.8 gallons of fuel, to easily drove it for 20+ miles for testing. Neat. Sure wish I could poll the Volt for it's GPS location, but I can't do that with OnStar Basic from the RemoteLink or MyChevrolet apps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts