GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have called three times since last Thurs, I urge any affected to do likewise. I have been transferred to the Owner Care Center twice and spoke with US based techies. Both have claimed they did a major software update. I had them open a Case File on me. They still don't know why the EV Lifetime Miles is being pulled or displayed in the app. And if OnStar doesn't have it VoltStats has NOTHING to work with. In fact my 2017 Volt BAZINGA is no longer visible on VoltStats and if you look at the bottom of the page you will see there are only 1588 active accounts, where before this occurred it was over 3500 accounts.

So call OnStar and ask to have a Case File opened.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
That call will be the biggest waste of time as usual. My 2016 has not updated since 10/19/2017. When I have an hour to waste maybe I will call.

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I wouldn't bother calling in mentioning anything about voltstats as it's not an official GM website and they have repeatedly in the past stated that they won't be responsible for it working, or not.

Now, as for my myvolt.com, Well, for me it's been broken since we bought our car.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?294305-myvolt.com-stats-hopelessly-broken
I didn't mention VoltStats, I pointed out that my Lifetime EV Mileage and Percent are missing. Been around long enough not to mention VoltStats to OnStar. I still want that data back on my app, guess others don't care.

BTW I usually call when I'm driving into work in the morning and none of my calls lasted more than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm showing no connection or data in VStats since 10-19, but I did access OnStar through the my.gm.com (my.chevrolet.com) and it wasn't showing any data there either. I manually poked it to give me the last 30 days and it updated successfully.

Now to see if it will show on VoltStats.

Edit: I just poked it manually again, for the last 12 months, and it did NOT update. :(

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
My stuff was down for a few days starting 10/19, but, everything is back to normal now. I don't use the Cadillac web site equivalent at all since it never worked properly. Not worth my time to complain about it. The MyChevrolet site is just as worthless. Always has been.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I personally hope that OnStar gets everything together sooner rather than later - I haven't had any of that information since I got my 2014 back on 9/15

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's funny, I'm a total statistics geek but I have hardly had the urge to look at any of it since the first month I had my Volt. Not downplaying everyone that does but just saying. Maybe I'll log in tomorrow and see what's working......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's funny, I'm a total statistics geek but I have hardly had the urge to look at any of it since the first month I had my Volt. Not downplaying everyone that does but just saying. Maybe I'll log in tomorrow and see what's working......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like showing folks my phone app that showed I have driven my Volt 10,800 miles and 10,500 were electric or 97% of my driving is electric. It's about the missing app data.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like showing folks my phone app that showed I have driven my Volt 10,800 miles and 10,500 were electric or 97% of my driving is electric. It's about the missing app data.
Also, there are people who recently bought Volts (ie me) who are surprised to see their app reporting 0% ev miles. This isn't going to help Onstar's uptake of paying customers when the free trials run out.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quick status update, after all of my gyrations yesterday, looks like there was no change. Still showing 19th as the last update on VoltStats. Still able to pull interesting info from the Onstar app or My.Chevrolet, just can't see any comparisons, which was 51% of the fun.

·
Registered
156 Posts
On the my.volt.com site, it's not loading the driving stats. Given that I just filled up for the first time, I wanted to add a breakdown of kWh used and what not.

Guessing these two things are related...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
On the my.volt.com site, it's not loading the driving stats. Given that I just filled up for the first time, I wanted to add a breakdown of kWh used and what not.

Guessing these two things are related...
You can get more info from this site: secure.myvolt.com/web/portal/home

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can get more info from this site: secure.myvolt.com/web/portal/home
That's the site I was talking about - I can't get the 12 month readout that I wanted (and used to be able to), nor even 7 days. But it connects to the car just fine. The efficiency tab shows me the last 30 day info - but if I click "view efficiency details" it says "unable to display the efficiency history chart".

1 - 20 of 131 Posts