GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Volts Compete For Honor In EV Road Rally

The first Plug-in Day Lansing Road Rally was sponsored by the Greater Lansing Area Clean Cities and Lansing Board of Water & Light. Plug-in Day Lansing helps to increase public awareness of how clean transportation and new technology can impact energy independence and improve air quality in the Lansing region.

All of the teams competing for honors in the region-spanning EV road rally drove Chevrolet Volts. First place finishing Team McQuaid Volt finished 20-minutes ahead of the second place finisher, and scored all available points. Teams had to discover the location of rally check points based upon clues. Extra points were awarded for most efficient mileage, obtaining an electric vehicle sales brochure from an auto dealer, photographing team members with an electric vehicle other than their own, and taking a photograph of a team member at a renewable energy facility. Prizes were awarded to the top three finishers.

A rare EV1 belonging to Lansing Community College was on display as well as, an electric Chevrolet S-10 pickup truck dating from the same period. Other vehicles on display included a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle, and a Ford F-150 pickup truck converted to use propane.

Maggie Striz Calnin, Executive Director of Greater Lansing Area Clean Cities, and Angie Goodman, Administrator for Lansing Board of Water & Light Community EV Project, presided at the Plug-in Day Lansing Road Rally based at the Lansing Community College's West Campus. Lansing Community College's new West Campus provides advanced automotive technology and wind energy vocational training and degree programs, and also hosted an auto show on National Plug-in Day.

Volt with electric S-10 and EV1

EV1_driver.jpg
EV1_passenger.jpg
EV1_side.jpg
Volt_EV1.jpg

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Congrats on the win. Sounds like fun.

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
The EV1 side view reminds me of a Citroen.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
More Rally Photos

Congrats on the win. Sounds like fun.
Thank you, we had a *great* time. My team included my wife, daughter, and son-in-law. We had three smart phones at work, plus the Volt's information systems (use of technology was encouraged). I drove.

The EV1 side view reminds me of a Citroen.
Yep, the covered rear wheel wells and overall shape are similar.

Chevrolet electric S-10 pickup truck

hydrogen fuel cell vehicle

propane F-150

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts