Article below!
Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
There is a reason for that....

Isn't there some term for people that repeat false information over and over to the point even they start believing it to be true? Sorta like Stockholm syndrome.

edit: ah, found it.

Self-deception: a process of denying or rationalizing away the relevance, significance, or importance of opposing evidence and logical argument. Self-deception involves convincing oneself of a truth (or lack of truth) so that one does not reveal any self-knowledge of the deception.
Insanity is also one of those cool words.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
Congratulations and Thanks Mike for that publication. It is pretty simple to understand that this is profitable on long trips. You went beyond what Gm were saying in the books and found a way to make "mountain mode" usefullnes.

JJ

Thanks for your reply - There are thousands of users on GM-Volt Forum that understand MM and Volting, of the over 9,000 views of this thread regretfully, only "The 4 Stooges" are having a problem to comprehend that they don't have to be in the Mountains to use Mountain Mode! LOL

Best Regards - Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Honesty I think this thread is a ****-show plain and simple.
One guy is relating his experiences and I've tried them, and the times I tried them I was roughly net-zero. However, I can see that in some circumstances it may work. It's not like he's claiming a miracle 25% improvement or anything.

It's part of Volt ownership to try stuff, it may or may not work. I'm ok with that. What I'm not enjoying is the level of negativity and antagonism. No need guys. State your case respectfully and move on.

·
Banned
7,821 Posts
Thanks for your reply - There are thousands of users on GM-Volt Forum that understand MM and Volting, of the over 9,000 views of this thread regretfully, only "The 4 Stooges" are having a problem to comprehend that they don't have to be in the Mountains to use Mountain Mode! LOL

Best Regards - Mike
And here we go resorting to name calling when encountered with facts. Ultimate sign of an internet TROLL (yes, you).

Please mods, do us all a favor and put this thread out of its misery by locking it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
While I'll respect the moderators decision - However, I fail to understand why the moderators would close down a thread that has all the technical elements of what the forum is about because of childish actions of a handful of guys. I have been professional in ever manner and backed up all my statements with documents and facts to prove them. It takes months to research and post these articles which provides good content to the forum.

As I mentioned in the beginning of my article - Volting is just another name for Mountain mode but using a cycle technique to travel longer distances than the initial charge. No one can debate the fact the battery does indeed charge while in Mountain Mode!

Thanks - Mike

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
While I'll respect the moderators decision - However, I fail to understand why the moderators would close down a thread that has all the technical elements of what the forum is about because of childish actions of a handful of guys.
What you fail to understand is that the thread wouldn't be locked for supposedly childish behavior by others. It would be locked because you keep making stubbornly wild claims about things, using questionable logic, and ignoring the real experts (not me, but people like saghost and WOT) here who know way more about this than you do and who have have seen this technique before, and tried and discussed it ad nauseum long ago.

I have been professional in ever manner and backed up all my statements with documents and facts to prove them.
No, you haven't, that's the main problem. You always think you have "proved" something, and then make sweeping large claims about "facts" and "gospel" about something, and you never do. Anecdotal evidence (that you admit uses several "estimated" values that look questionable to many here) is not proof. Experts here have weighed in multiple times saying how many have tried this for years and for most it's a wash, but in some circumstances there is a small benefit. Your usage happens to fall in the small benefit scenario, yet you wildly claim everyone will benefit from this. It's just not true.

It takes months to research and post these articles which provides good content to the forum.
You could have saved yourself (and all of us involved in this thread) a lot of time if you had just read the existing (years-old) threads on Mountain Mode Games. It's exactly the same thing. What you think you "discovered" is not new and has been hashed out here many times over the years. If you had just made some modest claims like "hey guys, I tried this and got a small improvement, isn't that neat?", no one would have batted an eye, and some of the old guys would have pointed you to old threads where you could learn about how it's been done before. But you come in like you discovered penicillin, with wild claims and saying it's the best thing since sliced bread and how it would work for everyone (based on one data point), ignoring all the previous work that's been done years before.

·
Banned
7,821 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
What amazes me is how not a single forum member has chimed in and said "yeah this works".
Because it doesn't work.

Re-posting the same thing over and over doesn't make it true.
Ahh - but Idleup is posting the same thing over and over again in a bigger font! Therefore it must be true.

Ok looks like a few of the trolls here are having a tough time understanding our complicated Volt system so let me help them out . . .
And here we go resorting to name calling when encountered with facts. Ultimate sign of an internet TROLL (yes, you).
Troll wars!! Funny how after first his ELR fabrications and then all the other ridiculous stuff he's posted since, that anyone even bothers to respond to Idleup's nonsense. Dude just can't accept that no one believes his silly, unprovable exaggerations. He thinks he's a NASA scientist when in fact he's actually that frumpy guy who sits alone in his cluttered garage for hours who doesn't realize all the gadgets he's "invented" were already patented 20 years ago.

As if he could actually "discover" some major engineering technique that GM's own expert engineers couldn't. Duh!

·
Banned
7,821 Posts
I'm still waiting to hear from 1, let alone the "thousands of forum users" that have successfully "Volted". Lol
"Stooges" far outnumber the "Volters"!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 · (Edited)
What you fail to understand is that the thread wouldn't be locked for supposedly childish behavior by others. It would be locked because you keep making stubbornly wild claims about things, using questionable logic, and ignoring the real experts (not me, but people like saghost and WOT) here who know way more about this than you do and who have have seen this technique before, and tried and discussed it ad nauseum long ago.

No, you haven't, that's the main problem. You always think you have "proved" something, and then make sweeping large claims about "facts" and "gospel" about something, and you never do. Anecdotal evidence (that you admit uses several "estimated" values that look questionable to many here) is not proof. Experts here have weighed in multiple times saying how many have tried this for years and for most it's a wash, but in some circumstances there is a small benefit. Your usage happens to fall in the small benefit scenario, yet you wildly claim everyone will benefit from this. It's just not true.

You could have saved yourself (and all of us involved in this thread) a lot of time if you had just read the existing (years-old) threads on Mountain Mode Games. It's exactly the same thing. What you think you "discovered" is not new and has been hashed out here many times over the years. If you had just made some modest claims like "hey guys, I tried this and got a small improvement, isn't that neat?", no one would have batted an eye, and some of the old guys would have pointed you to old threads where you could learn about how it's been done before. But you come in like you discovered penicillin, with wild claims and saying it's the best thing since sliced bread and how it would work for everyone (based on one data point), ignoring all the previous work that's been done years before.
As my article clearly stated at the very beginning and I quote:

While I’m certain most Volt and ELR owners have used mountain mode to recharge and cruise home on electric power on occasion, this more refined technique can change the way we drive electric cars.

No one is claiming to have invented anything here, who are you to judge the opinions of others, I like anyone else on this forum have the right to express opinions even though they don't agree to you and others.

Volting is a travel technique using Mountain mode. i took a mode designed for climbing mountains, and came up with a unique technique to use it for traveling. In all my searches "No One" took the time to research and document it as I did in my article.

After reading your post, I can clearly see this has nothing to do with the accuracy of the article, its a clear case of someone's feeling being hurt. The fact that you and others didn't post it first is the problem, its nothing to do with the technique working, everyone here to include the trolls know the article and my posts are 100% factual. Of the over 200+ reply's on this thread. I'm yet to see even one post with a shred of evidence it dose not work, or I'm incorrect in any of my statements.

Regardless of how "you guys" convince the moderators to hush me, a mockery is already committed by someone putting in a "Moderators Edit" at the beginning of the article. Its a joke - before anyone can even read or reach their own decision, they are first exposed to someone else's opinions to otherwise discredit my work. In my decades of posting on Forums this is truly a first which is totally non professional and unethical.

Also, don't attempt to get me in a war with WOT because its not going to happen - he was at least professional enough to put up a second post to voice his thoughts and even apologize for some of his earlier actions. Unlike a handful of self-proclaimed experts on this forum, I have respect WOT's contributions, knowledge, and efforts on his Forum.

Hey guys do what you have to do - bullets bounce right off me. Go ahead and close or delete the thread, ban me or whatever you have to do. My problem has nothing to do with Volting, it has to do with the "Food Chain" looks like I stepped on some toes here!

In conclusion - I went to the trouble to provide yet another sketch that everyone (trolls included) can hopefully understand in a real basic example to again prove beyond a shadow of doubt that my Volting technique does indeed work and is more economical. I took out all the cycling and and switching and made it very simple to comprehend. There is nothing to debate this is simple driving and charging.

Enjoy! Mike Mas

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
This is bull. Your graph defies the laws of physics and you keep touting this as truth.

1. You can't engage Hold Mode if the battery is already depleted.
2. Your ridiculous statements of "You gain a mile of battery for every mile driven!" is to be etched onto a brass plate and hung on the wall for comedic gold.

You can't run the engine for 12 miles, move the car forward, AND charge the battery and be more efficient than just using the ICE to push the car forward. It's like you're saying some magical fairies come down and push the car along while MM is revving the noisy engine.

·
Registered
529 Posts
As my article clearly stated at the very beginning and I quote:

While I’m certain most Volt and ELR owners have used mountain mode to recharge and cruise home on electric power on occasion, this more refined technique can change the way we drive electric cars.

No one is claiming to have invented anything here, who are you to judge the opinions of others, I like anyone else on this forum have the right to express opinions even though they don't agree to you and others.

Volting is a travel technique using Mountain mode. i took a mode designed for climbing mountains, and came up with a unique technique to use it for traveling. In all my searches "No One" took the time to research and document it as I did in my article.

After reading your post, I can clearly see this has nothing to do with the accuracy of the article, its a clear case of someone's feeling being hurt. The fact that you and others didn't post it first is the problem, its nothing to do with the technique working, everyone here to include the trolls know the article and my posts are 100% factual. Of the over 200+ reply's on this thread. I'm yet to see even one post with a shred of evidence it dose not work, or I'm incorrect in any of my statements.

Regardless of how "you guys" convince the moderators to hush me, a mockery is already committed by someone putting in a "Moderators Edit" at the beginning of the article. Its a joke - before anyone can even read or reach their own decision, they are first exposed to someone else's opinions to otherwise discredit my work. In my decades of posting on Forums this is truly a first which is totally non professional and unethical.

Also, don't attempt to get me in a war with WOT because its not going to happen - he was at least professional enough to put up a second post to voice his thoughts and even apologize for some of his earlier actions. Unlike a handful of self-proclaimed experts on this forum, I have respect WOT's contributions, knowledge, and efforts on his Forum.

Hey guys do what you have to do - bullets bounce right off me. Go ahead and close or delete the thread, ban me or whatever you have to do. My problem has nothing to do with Volting, it has to do with the "Food Chain" looks like I stepped on some toes here!

In conclusion - I went to the trouble to provide yet another sketch that everyone (trolls included) can hopefully understand in a real basic example to again prove beyond a shadow of doubt that my Volting technique does indeed work and is more economical.

Enjoy! Mike Mas

One glaring problem I can see with all this is that you are (conveniently) making assumptions and using estimated values as exact values in your calculations, and further, you're doing so on a very small scale sample such that the potential error factor is at least as large as the purported gains you are claiming. The AER is always an estimated value. It is not absolute by any means. It can often vary by 10% or more. If you factor that variation back into your (again) estimated value of gasoline used, it more than offsets any gain you claim.

When you can show that the gas used to go 34 miles on ICE (call it trip#1) was more than the amount of gas used to go 22 miles in MM plus and additional 12 miles from AER (call it trip#2), and where that AER was generated from an initial 0 value, then and only then will you have a valid comparison. Of course the course has to be exactly the same and the climate at least similar.

·
Banned
7,821 Posts
Would the moderators please delete Chris's post it contains very offensive language - thank you!
The only offensive language in this thread is your continued self-deception practices you keep spewing left and right. Making a fancy looking chart does not suddenl legitimize your outrageous claims.

221 - 240 of 241 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.