GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, my 2018 volt started to show a shift to park on the dashboard and so I took it into a Chevrolet dealership to get it fixed after seeing that it was a common issue that is covered by the voltec warranty. But, after getting the invoice they told me it was not covered by the warranty, and now I’m wondering if that’s true or not.
Below is the invoice.
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
567 Posts

Click the attachment in the first post and go to page 8

·
Registered
2018 Volt LT Cajun Red
58 Posts
Recently, my 2018 volt started to show a shift to park on the dashboard and so I took it into a Chevrolet dealership to get it fixed after seeing that it was a common issue that is covered by the voltec warranty. But, after getting the invoice they told me it was not covered by the warranty, and now I’m wondering if that’s true or not.
Below is the invoice. View attachment 175285
As leppard3 replied this is Voltec Warranty per the TSB. When I had this issue I called dealer and mentioned the TSB number and the replaced the cable and switch, they could not replace the Shifter Assy as it was not mentioned in the TSB. However if it comes back again they said they would then replace the Shifter Assy. Your dealer hosed you.

·
Registered
363 Posts
3.5 hours of labor for the shifter? It takes about 15 minutes while drinking a beer! And yes, this should be covered under the warranty.

I actually replaced the microswitch and added the harness myself so I wouldn't have to deal with any dealer shenanigans like this.

-Charlie

·
Registered
2 Posts

Click the attachment in the first post and go to page 8
Below is the invoice. View attachment 175285

1 - 6 of 6 Posts