GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale a Voltec L2 charger that has been in service for several years. Fully functional when pulled. Made way for the new Clipper Creek HCS-50P for my Bolt.

$250 plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Clipper Creek HCS-50P - I notice it has a 240v 50 amp plug. I have a generator that has the same 50 amp receptacle and runs on propane. To me, It would be interesting to see how much range an approx $20 bottle of propane would give running the generator until empty.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clipper Creek HCS-50P - I notice it has a 240v 50 amp plug. I have a generator that has the same 50 amp receptacle and runs on propane. To me, It would be interesting to see how much range an approx $20 bottle of propane would give running the generator until empty.
it is a 40 amp unit, 9.6 kW, so under that load the generator manufacturer should give a estimated run time.

·
Administrator
21,126 Posts
For sale a Voltec L2 charger that has been in service for several years.
A classic! I have one of those, the unique thing is the charge handle has an LED light to illuminate the port when plugging in. A very nice feature that no one else has AFAIK.

Regrettably, my Voltec EVSE died at 12 months, 1 week and I was told to pound sand. So I retrofitted mine with some OpenEVSE components.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A classic! I have one of those, the unique thing is the charge handle has an LED light to illuminate the port when plugging in. A very nice feature that no one else has AFAIK.

Regrettably, my Voltec EVSE died at 12 months, 1 week and I was told to pound sand. So I retrofitted mine with some OpenEVSE components.
I had one with the orange cord that died as well right after the warranty was up. This one has been rock solid since installed in the fall of 2011. I think the orange cord one died because a gecko got inside and toasted himself.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
The EVSE that came with my 2015 has the LED flashlight. This was apparently a LEAR feature.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
it is a 40 amp unit, 9.6 kW, so under that load the generator manufacturer should give a estimated run time.
That's nice. To me it would still be interesting to see something besides estimated stuff. Perhaps someone in Louisiana has done this and can report when their internet is working.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Price reduction to $200

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump down to $175. This has been a great unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts