GM Volt Forum banner

VoltDC / Onstar Question: Leaderboards

6K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  igneous 
#1 ·
So when I get my car new, and have a 100% EV record, and I update the VoltDC app, could I potentially jump into the top ten, then never again update my app and hold that position? Would seem like there would be a need to maintain a once per week update or something.

#2 · (Edited)
VoltDC or the OnStar feed still has bugs in it. I would have thought this would have been an easy interface for GM to implement, guess not.

Some of my problems are:

Days showing miles driven when I was away on a cruise and the car parked in my garage
Days I drove but miles not repoted
Partial data, i.e. drove 50+ miles in a single day but VoltDC showing 28

Nice try but it still needs some work. I prefer VoltStats.

#3 ·
It appears that the VoltDC app will automatically update and push down data every night, whether you refresh your data or not on your app, so your theory would not work.

I am with Tom, I have at least four achievements in VoltDC that have not been issued. Also, VoltDC will not allow you to drill down and see anyone else's details. The only use I have for VoltDC is the realtime readout of lifetime MPG (which will also show up on VoltStats during its next refresh which occurs twice a day).

I tried emailing VoltDC using the contact info and have never received a response. The few times I emailed Mike Rosack, I have always received a quick and thorough response.

VoltStats is well designed; VoltDC has nice graphics but is a shell of an application.

#4 ·
My "favorite" Volt Drivers' Challenge bug (other than the name itself): I would set a 100% goal, drive 100% on electricity, and the app would determine that I did not meet the goal...

Another peculiar disparity is in the statistics. Lifetime MPG and "Total Gallons Saved" are not the same as those on myvolt.com. Does OnStar really keep a separate tally using different methods for each application? And all of them are wrong?

#5 ·
There's something I'd like to get off my chest about VoltDC: I'm about to remove the app from my iPhone.

The app is set up for me to fail every time that I drive more than 38-40 miles; or if I want to be warm in a 5 degree morning or a hot humid summer afternoon. Should I want to take a trip, it'll make me feel guilty for using gas. As a matter of fact, when I bought the car, I had to drive 150 miles home from the dealer & 2 months later, I'm still paying (so to speak) for my "rapacious use of natural resource". This just detracts from my enjoyment of a fine vehicle, and I certainly did not purchase this car to have an app constantly put me in a guilt trip.

#6 ·
if I want to be warm in a 5 degree morning or a hot humid summer afternoon. Should I want to take a trip, it'll make me feel guilty for using gas.
It is your car and you can do whatever you want with it. The 40 miles you did on electric is a gallon and a half of gas you didn't use.

Remote start is very useful for the hot and cold days and winter dew. There will be more places to plug in your Volt in the future so we can get into properly cooled or heated cars.

#10 · (Edited)
I'm missing the 16th & 17th to. plus 5th-9th. I'm gald its not just me. I agree its a nice graphic but it doesn't work well. Sometimes I need to hit the pedel to get on the hiway from a side street so that approaching traffic isn't impeaded, and the short yellow lights in a 50 mile/hr zone sometimes are not optimized for my green ball. I'll never acheive keeping the ball in the middle for 25 days straight. It should be more realistic, I can achieve a high percentage in the middle and often see 100% efficient driving style on the center stack after my trip. I actually wondered if I ran a yellowish red light if I could blame the light for not being "fuel efficient" at warning people - forcing abrupt stops. I could use my green ball as evidence. :)

#13 ·
Glad to hear that others think VoltDC is a piece of crap. Regarding the Feb 8th 97 number, did you have an EMM that day?

#12 ·
I cant even get Mileage or efficiency up to myvolt.com let alone get any good data on the various apps.. I have put a couple calls into OnStar but nothing resolved yet.

as for the car.. i drive it in a way that makes me feel most comfortable.. if im cold, by gosh the heater is on high.. if I need to get on the freeway into traffic I put the pedal down and get going..

though I do very much enjoy also at times seeing how many miles i can get and still be reasonably comfortable too!..

but really I didnt go out and buy a $40,000 car to suffer and not be comfortable in.. so i just be me.. I treat my Volt with respect, dont abuse her, and most of all Enjoy!

the little glitches like no stats and such like that are just that glitches.. this is new technology and at the forefront of the industry... frustrating yes.. end of the world? nah not at all...
-Christopher

#17 ·
The Volt displays the EMM warning on the center console. You have to respond to either allow it to run or to defer to the next time you start up. It is hard to miss. The days where I run my EMMs (every six weeks) indicate a less than 1K+ on the VoltDC app.

#20 ·
I generally see an update pushed down to my account at 2:59am every morning. However, I still get about 1/4 of my days showing 100% EV with "goal not met" and a bunch of dates at 100% EV that are grayed out.

#21 ·
same here.

ive done 100% of my driving on EV mode only, 7000 miles, more than 6months, yet i cannot unlock the 3months fill up, (or 6mo).

otherwise i would have almost every achievement unlocked. (except arbor day, and 1000gals saved).

currently ranked #3. who is john and rocky?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.