GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Administrator
23,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had 7 inches of snow yesterday. As I was starting to clear off the driveway, my wife arrived home early and plowed though the snow like it wasn't there! I could see the snow parting as if Moses was parting the "white" sea. It was awesome, I wish I had been able to take a video as the Volt created its "snow wake".

I had bolted on my tirerack alloy winter wheels shod with Blizzak 70's the night before (and reset the TPMS). My wife said the Blizzaks ride a bit rougher than the originals, but where very sure footed in her parking lot tests.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Alloy wheel

8,616 Posts
Just curious - how do you reset the TPMS?
Well, you need a learn tool. Basically, you go to the tire pressures screen on the instrument cluster display, and hold select. You'll get a prompt after a few seconds asking if you want to relearn the TPMS sensors. If you select yes, it forgets the current sensors, and you have a few minutes to go around the car (LF, RF, RR, LR) and teach it the new sensors (you hold the learn tool next to the wheel and push the transmit button on it.)

· Administrator
23,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Registered
1,054 Posts
We had 7 inches of snow yesterday. As I was starting to clear off the driveway, my wife arrived home early and plowed though the snow like it wasn't there!
I was in downtown Chicago all day yesterday and didn't start moving around town until about 4pm. The city roads were unplowed so there was 3-4" of snow on them. I don't have snows yet, but I'm definitely thinking about it now. The stock tires are adequate, but just. I had Blizzaks for my previous car and they were great. Last year's 20" snowfall was a lot less interesting with them on my Saab.

We spent the night downtown (indirectly due to the snow - it would have taken 4 hours to get home) and had a nice dinner.

· Registered
90 Posts
I had bolted on my tirerack alloy winter wheels shod with Blizzak 70's the night before (and reset the TPMS). My wife said the Blizzaks ride a bit rougher than the originals, but where very sure footed in her parking lot tests.

View attachment 4399
Hi Steverino, I'm trying to decide between 16" and 17" rims for my snow tires. I know the 16" should give better performance in the snow (although I'm not sure how much better). I do like the looks of my stock 17" rims. Are these 16" or 17" you have mounted? If you had it to do over, would you go with the same set up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.