GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sunroof in Olympics Ad

I'm a big fan of the Olympics, so I've been watching a ton of TV this week. I usually switch the channel during the commercial breaks, but there are at least 4 different Chevy ads running right now, usually 1st in line during the break.

I noticed during one of them, for about 1 second, is a picture from directly above a car, of a man opening a sunroof that is exactly the size of the entire roof. I thought that looked a lot like the Volt concept, but it went by so fast, I don't know quite what to make of it. Did anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Olympics Ad

Here's the 2-3 second sequence in photos ... for the whole video, see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoLtODutYNQ

I think that the sunroof is associated with the Saturn - I was confused because the Volt exterior is pictured immediately before the 1st pic below. So which Saturn is this? ZEV?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I noticed during one of them, for about 1 second, is a picture from directly above a car, of a man opening a sunroof that is exactly the size of the entire roof. I thought that looked a lot like the Volt concept, but it went by so fast, I don't know quite what to make of it. Did anyone else notice this?
For a Volt, I thought a "sunroof" meant solar panels. . . ;)

·
Registered
495 Posts
It's the Opel Flextreme. Europe will see this car around the same time we see the Volt and perhaps even the Cadillac Provoq. GM plants to bring it to the US under the Saturn brand.

It's designed on the same E-Flex / Delta 2 platform as the Volt, but it will be unveiled with a diesel genset and I believe slightly lower AER.

This is the first time I've actually seen the Flextreme branded as a Saturn though (which means they might bring it to the US).

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's designed on the same E-Flex / Delta 2 platform as the Volt, but it will be unveiled with a diesel genset and I believe slightly lower AER.
It must have an EV (battery-only) option b/c of the pic above that shows a "Zero Emissions" nameplate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts