GM Volt Forum banner

Volt stops moving - DTC P0A0C

Tags
dtc p0a0c
3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mngojuce 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2014 Volt and it's been trouble free but now for the past two days I'm experiencing something unexpected. The first time this happened was two days ago. I came to a stop light and my Volt just stopped moving. I was able to shut it down and fire it back up but the check engine light stayed on. The following morning I fired the Volt back up and the light was gone and figured that it was a fluke. That evening as I was waiting to pull out of my work's parking lot it happened again. I shut it down this time waited about 10min and started it up again, same thing the check engine light stayed on. My commute home is only 3 miles so I drove it home again. This time I reached out to OnStar and they told me that the code being thrown was P0A0C. I've looked into it and it seems to do something with the High Voltage Interlock Loop (HVIL). I guess I understand it could be thrown if some major type of service was done recently and something was not secured correctly. However, the last service I had was a tire rotation and alignment and that was almost a month ago. Any ideas as to why this would pop up out of the blue and some low hanging areas to check?

#2 · (Edited)
Yup HVIC issue

Make sure the shroud over the power inverter module under the hood is properly seated and secured (2 Torx fasteners)
You can spy out the HVIC connector for that shroud at the very back, with a pair of wires coming to it.

Also visually inspect the underhood connectors for the AC Compressor and cabin heater module.

There's also an HVIC jumper at the APM connector at the back of the car (underneath)

the rest are all right at the main battery to HV component connections as well as the HV fuse panel on the junction/relay block

With no signs of visible damage ot tampering you ill probably need the dealer to sort out the entire HVIC circuit
HTH
WOT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.