GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at LAX. There is a row of EV charging stations next to a parking garage. I often see EV Rav 4s there. Today a black Volt was plugged in for several hours, then disappeared not long before I went home.

I don't know if you can connect your car to these chargers and fly away for a while, or if you have to disconnect it the same day. In any case, it was fun to see the Volt there.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Thanks for this. Can you tell me the exact location of the charging stations? I might want to use one someday soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm

I'm not sure how you get in there. They are on the east side of the Terminal One garage on your left as you enter the arrivals level. I guess you enter the garage then find your way to the outside, uncovered spaces where the chargers are. You can see them from the road, that's how I can see whatever cars are charging as I drive my bus around there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I spotted a Volt (looked like silver ice metallic) a short time ago, about 5:13 PM PST today, in Woodland Hills, CA, apparently trying to get onto the westbound 101 from Burbank Blvd at the Topanga Canyon onramp. I expect these kinds of sightings will be an every day occurrence in not too long, but at least it's a pleasant surprise for now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LAX Chargers

The area where the chargers are looks accessible to the public, through a parking garage. Since I started this thread I have seen a Volt there twice, but this one looks red. Those sightings were at night and the black one was during the day. Is there any Volt color that could appear different in different light? I would be interested if the owner was a member here and could comment.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Leaf sighting too.

Now I've seen my first Leaf, in the same charging area. Today it and the Volt were both there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts