GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all !

I finally got the Prius line sales numbers in the province of Quebec from a Toyota contact.

Just to remind you that last May, 119 VOLTS were sold in Quebec (per capita, thats 3 times more than the USA and 5 times more than the rest of Canada).

In Quebec, the 3 Prius (Original, Prius V and Prius C) combined totaled 354 units last May. Unfortunately, we can't get the sales # for each Prius models ... apparently this info is extremely confidential, even to Toyota Canada employees ...

For the entire Canada, the numbers are publicly available: 431 Prius V, 365 Prius C and 416 Original Prius for a total of 1212.

The INTERESTING part is lets say that we apply the SAME proportions for Quebec:

1) 106 Prius C
2) 121 Original Prius
3) 125 Prius V

4) 119 VOLT

That's INCREDIBLE considering that the VOLT is sold since september 2011 only in Canada, compared to the original Prius that sells since the LAST 8 YEARS !!

I have 2 conclusions that comes to my mind:

1) GENERAL MOTORS sits on a GOLD MINE with it's VOLTEC technology. They should urgently EXPAND the VOLT line («ORLANDO» style with 6 or 7 seats, SUV, small pickup), and they could beat the Prius line combined right after the first year of sales if the price is right.

2) Toyota CANADA should URGENTLY get the PiP (plugin Prius) to Quebec (they have delays over delays) since it's clear that Quebec LOVES plugin. 3 reasons: Electricity is extremely cheap, clean (HYDRO) and there is provincial incentives ...

For more info about this EXCLUSIVE NEWS : http://roulezelectrique.com/?p=1254

Also, take a look at the following article: Quebec's VOLT sales ... a California of the North?

Sly PriusC.jpg

·
Registered
638 Posts
Thanks for the update, we love hearing from our friends to the North...keep us posted....miles of EV smiles to ya....

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
That's very interesting, thanks for the update. I like the idea of expanding the Volt lineup and think it could be a winner. Possibilities for other models could include the Nomad, the 55, El Camino and remakes of the HHR and SSR. These niche models seem like a good place to start to increase the use of Voltec drive systems, allowing more volume and increased production to reduce the cost of the system. Maybe I'm just dreaming, but I love the old models and the modern remakes are very appealing to me. Ray

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
That's INCREDIBLE considering that the VOLT is sold since september 2011 only in Canada, compared to the original Prius that sells since the LAST 8 YEARS !!
Keep in mind that there is probably a good supply of used Prius in Canada. Where you can you find a good deal on a used Volt? People who want a Volt have no choice but to buy new.

·
Registered
174 Posts
1) GENERAL MOTORS sits on a GOLD MINE with it's VOLTEC technology. They should urgently EXPAND the VOLT line («ORLANDO» style with 6 or 7 seats ...
If GM had a 6 or 7 seater with the VOLTEC technology, I would buy one today for sure! I would also keep my Volt. Even if the range of the 6-7 seater only had 20 miles, I would still get it. :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lets hope that some high level manager at GM consider this !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts