GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chev just told me that I must pay about $15.00 extra each month in order to use the remote start so I can have heat in my Volt? Any help out there for that?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Chev just told me that I must pay about $15.00 extra each month in order to use the remote start so I can have heat in my Volt? Any help out there for that?
Balogna. Basic functions are supported via OnStar for 7 years I believe. After that, it's unsupported and extra. I pay for OnStar anyway because of all the extras we get which I value. But if you need remote start, tell your dealer to go fly a kite.

You can manage your subscription through OnStar anyway. You do not need a dealer. And OnStar will give you way better pricing too.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Volt Premier 80k+ Miles
568 Posts
Use the keyfob or have an OnStar subscription to have OnStar benefits. Chevy is not obligated to provide those services for "free", and doing so doesn't make it a "ripoff". It's that simple.

Reactions: WhatAShocker

·
Registered
326 Posts
Balogna. Basic functions are supported via OnStar for 7 years I believe. After that, it's unsupported and extra. I pay for OnStar anyway because of all the extras we get which I value. But if you need remote start, tell your dealer to go fly a kite.
This changed early in 2018. After a complimentary 90 day trial the ability to use OnStar ceased unless you paid for a subscription.

·
Administrator
20,582 Posts
Pizza ripoff! They want me to pay for extra ingredients, lol :)

P.S. All Volts are the same right, no need for a model year... especially when asking for help?

Reactions: WhatAShocker

·
Registered
171 Posts
Pizza ripoff! They want me to pay for extra ingredients, lol :)

P.S. All Volts are the same right, no need for a model year... especially when asking for help?
Nope... No difference at all. Hahahaha!

2012 and 2019 are basically identical. Even the chargers were basically the same. 3.3kw to 7.2kw... minor. Hahaha!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
Damn. I thought that 2017 and 2018 got the free Basic plan for life on the app. I see now that it's only 5 years.

I don't know if I would call the car a rip-off because of this, but I definitely don't appreciate the way GM has treated us through our experience.

I'm fine with ditching the app at some point. (I don't use it any more given the wave of COVID car jackings. The remote start is like a bright beacon to the world that someone will be coming soon with the keys...)

... When I'm done with this car, I'm still parking it in front of GM's headquarters, putting it up on cinder blocks and leaving a bag full of dog poo in the drivers seat. (If they do something nice for us at some point, I might alter my plan a bit and put the poo in a zip lock bag.) Maybe they will come with tow trucks and take the car away before I am ready to let it go?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Pizzas are ripoff. $1 for a few slices of mushroom? 🍕
Yes! I'm going to ask the mods to change my username to PizzaRIPOFF!! 🍕

·
Administrator
20,582 Posts
Yes! I'm going to ask the mods to change my username to PizzaRIPOFF!! 🍕
Oddly enough, that would make more sense than the OP's war cry

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
771 Posts
Perhaps his next class action will be against smart TV manufacturers because he still has to pay for Netflix.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts