GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The guy behind the design is 6'2" and said he didn't had any problem to fit in.... you should fit in

·
Registered
495 Posts
I happen to think that the re-design is still a nice looking car overall (from what little we've seen)... but it's lost much of the boldness that the concept design had. The front lights, for instance, looked much more menacing on the concept (thinner and set deeper). I hope some of the fender flare will still be there, as that too was a symbol of boldness on the car.

If it's going to look like a normal Chevy, they should just rename it the Cavalier E-REV.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Design and economics

If gas reaches $5./gallon in the U.S. almost any design will start to look good for many families, especially if the car has a 40 mile AER.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If gas reaches $5./gallon in the U.S. almost any design will start to look good for many families, especially if the car has a 40 mile AER.
MSN Autos is currently quoting OPIS figures with Pebble Beach, CA as the highest priced gas in the country at $5.609. What is this if gas reaches $5.00/gallon?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Here's a few more rendering I found
Those are nice, but sadly still just a fantasy. Go back and look hard at the tape up model. Then look at these. These do not look anything like what GM is sticking in the wind tunnel.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Those are nice, but sadly still just a fantasy. Go back and look hard at the tape up model. Then look at these. These do not look anything like what GM is sticking in the wind tunnel.

I still keep my fingers cross and hope that 1/3 scaled model is not the final one :) I mean really why would they show us the final version so soon :cool: So I cross my fingers and hope that some design elements will survived

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Added the new rendering Lyle posted in the blog

I really think this one is one of the closest one, It would be nice to see the EV1 rim changed from the one shown by GM (see pics in first page)

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm going to quit speculating until we see the production model from GM. Doing otherwise is just making me mental at this point.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I thought the rendering was cool, but I do have a few criticisms.

I've done a quick outline of the 1/3 model, not great, but I think I've guestimated the features fairly close.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok, I've spent a little more time on it and think its starting to shape up pretty well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
got the base coat goin'

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
The window feature in the attachment below is not going to happen. The Volt designers at the Volt Nation gathering told me so. It is pure show car gimmickry. So any further renderings should not have this feature.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
This will do it for tonight, please critique.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Well, great work... side windows seem to be a bit small to me.

Can't wait for GM to reveal the final look... but I think we have seen some great rendering, it will be fun to see who was to closest :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Capn, I like it! I too think the windows could be extended up a little. I can see the roof corners barely, they seem to be a little higher. Also, it appears the windshield is becoming smaller the closer it becomes. I think it should be opposite. I would give the windshield a little longer height near the passenger A pillar, so the windshield/roofline should be rotated just a smidgen clockwise. So keep the height and position of the drivers side, but bring the passenger side windshield edge up a little bit more, and adjust the side windows to match the line.

·
Registered
75 Posts
its taken me a little longer, I am also having trouble making the surface look shiny. If you have an easy way to do that let me know, as always give me some feedback.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So I think I have gone as far as I want to, so without further adoue; The Volt!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
21 - 39 of 39 Posts