GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Volt photos 2011 Chicago Auto Show

I went to the 2011 Chicago Auto Show yesterday and have to say Chevrolet has created an excellent indoor track with a dozen Volts for visitors to see and enjoy a low speed test ride:

Chicago Volt-1.jpg Chicago Volt-6.jpg Chicago Volt-3.jpg Chicago Volt-4.jpg Chicago Volt-2.jpg

Please click images to enlarge, thank you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice!! Even a low speed drive will give people a chance to experience it. But I have to wonder if they won't think of it as a golf cart since it is low speed. They need to experience "THE POWER"

·
Registered
850 Posts
I rode in a Volt at the Detroit aut show this year, but they made no attempt to maket it senic. Still it was better than riding in a golf cart, even if we dident exceed 15 MPH.

·
Administrator
20,463 Posts
Even at low speed, people who know nothing about the Volt should come away impressed that this is not an electric car from the 1800's as some have tried to portray it. It will make a good impression and drive demand.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
The 2100 Chicago Auto Show has three production EV on display. Every forum member knows about the Chevy Volt and the Nissan Leaf, but the third one is new and relatively unknown: The Ford Transit Connect Electric:
http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/vehicles_on_display/detail.aspx?MakeId=1&TypeId=2&VehicleId=899

This is the EV that the USPS needs to replace the gas vehicles they are presently using. I have seen close up and entered the ICE version in the Motor Trend sponsored Auto Show here in Puerto Rico. Although I have no present need for it, I liked its design and roominess, especially that I can stand up inside and walk around the cargo area, and I am 72 inches tall. It could be the ideal small cargo van.

The home web site has no pricing on the Transit, so it may be too new to put a price on it.

Raymond

1 - 5 of 5 Posts